Sr. System Administrator- Huntsville, will sponsor a clearance! at Raytheon Technologies (Huntsville, AL)
United States of America
AL200: 401 Jan Davis Drive Huntsville 401 Jan Davis Drive , Huntsville, AL, 35806 USA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we can anticipate more, move faster, and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
What is YOUR Mission?
Empowering a global business. Providing affordable solutions. Delivering competitive discriminators by unleashing deep expertise. These are just some of the many ways the Digital Technology team atRaytheon Technologies creates success for our customers. Joining our Program Execution team will allow you to collaborate with RMD organizations to enable business growth, speed, and agility through business innovation, technical proficiency, and operational excellence.
Our Digital Technology (DT) organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support RMD's IT infrastructures around the world.
Senior System Administrator, internally known as Senior Analyst, Information Workplace Services collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Provide IT systems administration in a heterogeneous Microsoft Windows and Redhat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of Windows Server internals or Linux fundamentals to include DNS, DHCP, AD, and server replication methods.
- Working as a team member in a fast-paced technological environment. Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate to high scope and complexity to include the integration of hardware and operating systems (OS).
- Understanding of data RAID, data backup uses and technologies. Install and configure software applications requested by end users.
- Work with Cybersecurity professionals to maintain security requirements. Provide documentation and training on advanced IT processes and procedures and other tasks as assigned.
- Must be able to obtain Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification) within 6 months of start date.
- Systems are operational 24x7 and occasionally require work effort beyond standard work hours.
- Travel required as business needs dictate to other US Domestic locations, up to 10% per year
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's degree and 2 years of direct IT Systems experience or in lieu of a bachelor's degree must have 6 years of direct IT system experience.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- At least 2 years of experience with some of the following but not limited to the following technologies: Active Directory, WSUS, VMware, Veeam, AWS, MySQL, Remote Desktop Gateway, and Netwrix, prior systems administration and networking administration experience, Windows or Linux administration, Windows Administration or Mac OS experience, backup, and recovery enterprise suites
Qualifications We Value:
- An active DoD TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance or prior SCI/program eligibility
- Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140 / 8570 Certification requirements (CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent certification and an Operating System Certification
- Direct working experience with NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DFARS and/or DoD/RMF
- Working experience in Windows Desktop & Server
- Experience with data storage, NAS, and SAN technologies and solutions
- Experience with using Information Technology project lifecycle management processes
- Experience using VMWare vCenter, vSphere, and ESX and/or other virtual computing methods
- Experience supporting engineers in software, simulations, and hardware development
- Experience with Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, and/or Exchange
- High Performance Computing (HPC) experience in a Linux environment
- Scripting Experience
What We Offer:
Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms