Marqeta powers innovative payment solutions for many of the apps and services you enjoy daily. Our open API provides unprecedented flexibility and control for industry-leading companies such as Uber, Coinbase, J.P.Morgan, and Block, to manage payment operations in real-time.
Our team is a mix of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. Marqeta was named a 2022 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, highlighting our company culture and collaborative work environment. We are building a global team as diverse as the markets we serve and we’d love it if you joined us on our mission to change the way money moves.
We’re a remote-first company. You have the choice to work from wherever you’re happiest and most productive, whether that’s from home, a co-working space, or one of our four global offices, depending on your location. It’s uncommon for candidates to match all job requirements, but if you’re not far off, we want to hear from you.
At Marqeta, a Senior Security Engineer on the Detection and Response Engineering Team is an expert in Security Operations (SOC) and Incident Response practices. They possess a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills while exhibiting autonomy in prioritization and time management for their work.
Joining Marqeta’s Security Engineering means becoming part of a team who builds technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value.If you're excited to be part of a winning team, Marqeta is a great place to grow your career. We will ensure you are equipped with opportunities that align with your skills to do the best work of your career. You'll be glad you applied to Marqeta.
What You'll Do
- Respond to, investigate, and triage outages, security and privacy incidents
- Bring new ideas, designs, and tools to the table, and drive technical discussions
- Monitor and analyze the Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solution, triaging events and escalating as required
- Provide support to vulnerability management, security operations, intrusion detection/prevention (IDS/IPS), and cyber and physical threat analysis activities
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, and installation of security products
- Support internal security assessments
- Contribute to the automation of security operations activities
- Champion security across engineering
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience working in Tier 2 or Tier 3 SOC environments performing security incident investigation and security incident response
- Experience or knowledge of SIEM, security operations center(SOC), IDS/IPS, incident response activities required
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud services, security tools, design, strategies and protocols
- Hands-on software development experience building automation and integration with Python or Golang
- Experience with XSOAR/Demisto
- Able to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Specialized degree in Security, Forensics, etc.
- Security Certifications a plus (ex: Security+ or GSEC)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (ex: Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Knowledge of ISO, NIST, PCI-DSS, SOC auditing principles.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment and cluster management
- Experience with AWS Serverless application architectures and development (Lambda, Kinesis, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, S3)
- Experience with Backend DB architectures, Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, ElastiCache (Redis / Memcached)
- Experience in the FinTech / Payment industry
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible time off – take what you need
- Retirement savings program with company contribution
- Employee insurance premiums paid 100% + coverage for dependents and pets
- Family forming benefits including fertility support and up to 20 weeks Parental Leave
- Free therapy sessions, financial coaching, and a Wellness stipend
- Monthly stipend to support our hybrid work model
- Equity in a publicly-traded company
- Bi-annual “Hack Week” to support and reward innovation
Learn more about Marqeta on our Website, Twitter and LinkedIn.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Marqeta is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on any legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Our Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that you directly provide to us or that we collect during the application and candidate recruitment process.