Sr. Network Engineer at Copart (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:55 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, May 7, 2023
Job DescriptionCopart is seeking a Sr. Network Engineer in the Dallas area. This position will be part of a network engineering team that manages the domestic and global network operations of Copart. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining Copart's Domestic and Global Data Center and remote office networks. This is a hybrid work-from-home position that will be officing out of the Addison, TX headquarters.Ideal Candidate:Team Player -- First and foremost, we are looking for a candidate that works well in a team environment. Effective communication skills and the ability to support others are a must.Results-Oriented -- You must be able to deliver projects on time and meet commitments.Talented -- Your skillsets expand beyond the core disciplines of a network engineer. Not only should you be knowledgeable in Routing, Switching, and firewalls, you should also be competent in other technologies such as Scripting, Automation, and System services and applications.Innovative -- We are always looking for ways to improve our processes and procedures. The ideal candidate should have a natural desire to make things better and not be afraid to speak up if an opportunity for improvement arises.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Continually work towards building trust and relationships with team members.
- Provide operational support to international and domestic networks
- Troubleshoot ISP circuit issues
- Participate in the on-call rotation
- Lead and complete projects (big or small) that may span across departments
- Consistently analyze application and bandwidth requirements and provide recommendations to meet needs.
- Research, evaluate and recommend tools can provide visibility to the health of the network.
- Introduce/improve processes and procedures to respond to problems.
- Consistently monitor network health conditions and pro-actively take action to avoid issue escalation.
- Improve and introduce best practice procedures, standards, and policies.
- Deploy, scale, and automate our network across multiple global offices/datacenters in new and existing locations.
- Create and update network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to those standards
- Document standard operating procedures, diagrams, and training materials for use by the teams
- Support a WAN environment consisting of SD-WAN and Site-to-Site VPN technologies
- Work closely with our internal customers to help alleviate their problems and ensure the network team continues to meet their demands.
- Review and implement changes on the network, following change management process (ITIL)
- Serves as a key resource for infrastructure and application problem determination and resolution
- Utilize internal monitoring tools to pro-actively optimize network infrastructure and/or catch and fix issues before it arises.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work well in a team environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to practice sound judgment in complex, high-pressure situations
- Active Cisco Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, and/or CCIE (Plus)
- Must have solid engineering and operational experience in zero-downtime e-commerce type infrastructure.
- The ability to gather requirements and perform circuit turn-ups with ISPs
- Flexibility to remediate network device vulnerabilities promptly.
- Extensive experience configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Cisco platforms and technologies, including but not limited to the following:
- Catalyst series switches 6500, 9300, 9200, 4500, 3700, 3800
- Rugged and Industrial Switches
- Nexus series switches 9K, 7K, 5K
- FortiGate Firewalls
- ASA firewalls 5500, 5500-x Series
- Indoor/Outdoor Meraki, Mist, FortiGate Aps
- Ubiquity Bridges
- VRF, ASA Context, and VDC
- Catalyst Stacking, VSS, ASA -- Clustering, ASA Active/Standby
- OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, STP
- AnyConnect VPN, FortiClient, Site to Site VPN's, GRE/IPSEC VPN
- Authentication Protocols -- AAA, RADIUS, TACACS, ISE
- Azure, AWS Cloud Connectivity
- A10 Load balancers configuration/implementation
- SolarWinds, PRTG, Nagios
- Design/implementation experience with SDWAN technologies
- Layer-1 Cabling and Modules (Copper, Fiber, SFPs)
- Cradle Point LTE/4G/5G Technologies
- Proven competency and knowledge in the following areas are a BIG plus.
- Scripting/Programing/Automation-- Perl, Python, PHP CLI, Ansible
- HP, Cisco, Supermicro Storage Switches
- Battery Backup Systems (APC, Cyberpower, Tripp Lite)
- Working knowledge using linux/unix based systems
More Information on Copart
Copart operates in the Automotive industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX, Montgomery, AL, Anchorage, AK, Phoenix, AZ, Conway, AR, Los Angeles, CA, Sacramento, CA, Vallejo, CA, Brighton, CO, New Britain, CT, Seaford, DE, Miami, FL, Loganville, GA, Kapolei, HI, Nampa, ID, Elgin, IL, Indianapolis, IN, Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, KS, Baton Rouge, LA, North Billerica, MA, Alfred, ME, Finksburg, MD, Woodhaven, MI, Fridley, MN, Florence, MS, Rogersville, MO, Billings, MT, Greenwood, NE and Las Vegas, NV. Copart was founded in 1982. It has 5001 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 21 open jobs at Copart, click here.
Read Full Job Description