Software Engineering Advisor - Express Scripts (Work at Home) at Cigna (Remote)
First things first, we're a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. But we don't just care about your well-being, we care about your career health too. That's why when you work with us, you can count on a different kind of career - you'll make a difference, learn a ton, and share in changing the way people think about healthcare.
Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- Deliver products to meet business needs end-to-end starting from understanding the requirements to deploying the software into production. This role requires you to be fluent in some of the critical technologies with proficiency in others and have a hunger to learn on the job and add value to the business.
- Develop critical attributes of being a software engineer such as Ownership & Accountability.
- Understand the relationships between systems and be able to write working software that will successfully integrate and interface these systems.
- Understand how different pieces of software work together and use library calls, REST APIs, database queries, etc. to communicate with them.
- Play a technical role in an enterprise area responsible for driving innovative analytical methods to better align IT analytics with the company's short term and long-term goals, adding value by adopting software engineering best practices.
- Must be a current contractor with Cigna, Express Scripts, or Evernorth. Evernorth is a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT delivery, or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal skills including but not limited to: problem solving, decision making, influencing, change management, written and oral communications along with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Strong analytical and technical skills coupled with the ability to quickly learn new technologies. The individual will be hands on with architecture, design, and implementation to support various Cigna organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team
- Cloud (Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenShift, or Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
Bonus points for these:
- Experience working in the healthcare domain.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and propose decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technology and technical products to increase technical skills and expertise.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of $95,900 - $159,800, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
Helping our customers achieve healthier, more secure lives is at the heart of what we do. While you take care of our customers, we'll take care of you through a comprehensive benefits program that helps you be at your best. Starting on day one of your employment, you'll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and best in class well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and dozens of corporate discounts on essentials you use every day. For more details on our employee benefits programs, please visit the "Life at Cigna" tab on our careersite: www.cigna.com/careers
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you'll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people's lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] for support. Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.