Network Engineer at World Wide Technology (Orlando, FL)
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today, we employ over 7,500 individuals and closed nearly $15 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our Government Services Team.
Why should you join the Government Services team?
Our Government Services team provides cleared resources with a global reach to Federal civilian, Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community markets. We excel at delivering innovative, operationally ready, and cost-effective IT solutions that accelerate the interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.
Want to learn more about our Government Services? Check us out on our platform:
Location: MacDill AFB/ Tampa, FL
What will you be doing?
Network Engineers perform tier three network support in accordance with the Government Standards. The Engineer must be detail-oriented and have in-depth knowledge of networking hardware and software. Extensive experience in areas such as network design and implementation, LAN/WAN interfaces, security, Internet protocols and TCP/IP, as well as server and network infrastructure. This position tests and analyzes elements of network facilities, including power, software, security features, communications devices, In-Line encryption (INE) communications lines, and is responsible for the overall integration of the enterprise network. Network Engineers are also responsible for planning, modeling, simulation, design, installation, maintenance, management and coordination of the network. This position monitors and controls the performance and status of network resources by using software and hardware tools, as well as by identifying and diagnosing complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Network Engineers keep his or her technical skills updated and studies vendor products to determine those which best meet the Government's needs. This position provides guidance and direction for junior network support technicians
- Engineering enterprise data, voice, encryption Device, and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external networks
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization, and ongoing management
- Providing high-level support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN/SATCOM hardware, routers, switches, security devices and encryption devices
- Work in a diverse team environment
- Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information eligibility (TS/SCI)
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline, or a similar field. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification, and one of the following networking certifications
- CCNP Collaboration
- CCNP Data Center
- CCNP Enterprise
- CCNP Security
- CCNP Service Provider
- Aruba Certified Mobility Professional
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT - it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness programs
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page atwww.wwt.comfor more information.
This role may require on-location work with WWT clients and is contingent upon end client acceptance. Some clients may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.*