Network Admin II at TransCore (Houston, TX)
TransCore (TRN),a subsidiary of ST Engineering, is seeking a full-time Network Administrator II to join our team in Houston, Texas.
Job Description: The Network Administrator II position provides day-to-day support for existing customer installations as well as new deployments of proprietary multi-server tolling applications. Responsible for working both independently and in coordination with the help desk to resolve issues in a timely manner. Communicates highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel. Responsible for coordinating with team members to define system objectives and prepare system design specifications to meet user requirements and to satisfy interface requirements. Reviews work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, configure, maintain and support Cisco Routers, Switches, firewalls, VPN-L2L.
- Participate in projects to deploy the ISE, Firewalls rules.
- Will be involved in projects for deploying Nexus 3K, using different technologies such as vPC, VDC, OTV.
- Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment, Defining network policies and procedures.
- Provided high-level support and technical expertise in networking technologies including LAN/WAN.
- Manage Routing Protocols configuration such as OSPF, EIGRP, EIGRP Name Mode, BGP.
- Work on all aspects of network engineering: security, design, implementation, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution of the disaster plan when warranted in a real time/life situation.
- Perform network analysis using tools such as Wireshark to identify the root Couse of the issues.
- Complete projects according to established schedules and timeframes responsible for successful project completion with the assigned Project Manager and project team.
- Responsible for testing all devices to make sure they are working and prepare logs to keep track of field conditions and installation activities, as well as training, experienced technicians.
- Serve as point of contact with vendors and stakeholders regarding new equipment, applications and licenses.
- Document and complete all changes in accordance with accepted Change Management policies and procedures.
- Deep connectivity related issues investigation with sniffing tools (Wireshark),
- Provide consultation to clients on IT network strategies and system integrations to ensure viability of system performance and follows technical and documentation standards.
Education: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Cisco switches, ASAs, Installation and configuration of network architectures.
- CCNA certification.
- Installation skills (Networking, switches, etc.)
- Troubleshooting (Network systems and equipment)
- Debugging / Testing (systems, software, & equipment)
- Systems / Software Support
- TCP/IP Networking
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to detail
- Experience with SolarWinds/Orin, Palo Alto, Ninja/Foglight.
- Proven experience in security architecture practices, processes, and strategic security planning.
- Knowledge of security and risk management trends as well as emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
- Expert knowledge of security controls and countermeasures (defense in depth) including practical experience with identity management, cyber-security and IT processes / solutions.
- Experience with methodologies to conduct threat / risk modeling on new applications and services.
- Expert knowledge of security / risk control frameworks (COBiT, ISO 27001, ITIL), and business continuity / disaster recovery frameworks (ISO 22301, ISO 27031).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)