MDM Technical Support Engineer at Dexcom (San Diego, CA)
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. (NASDAQ: DXCM), develops and markets Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) systems for ambulatory use by people with diabetes and by healthcare providers for the treatment of people with diabetes. The company is the leader in transforming diabetes care and management by providing CGM technology to help patients and healthcare professionals better manage diabetes. Since the company's inception, Dexcom has focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions that are best in class - while empowering the community to take control of diabetes. Dexcom reported expected full-year 2021 revenues of $2.48B, a growth of 27% over 2020. Headquartered in San Diego, California, with additional offices in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company employs over 6,000 people worldwide.
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes
The MDM Technical Support Engineer will drive the support of Dexcom's Reltio Cloud MDM application and contribute to strategic data project activities that will act as key enablers for our global expansion and enhancing our customer experience. Dexcom has enjoyed significant growth over the past several years, and with that the need to establish master data as an enterprise asset for the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This role will include project work, general maintenance, support and issue triage of the Reltio MDM application which is the firm's golden source to sustain company's explosive growth and evolving business models, with eCommerce, B2B, and a digital-first focus.
This role will report into the MDM Senior Manager
- Equally work MDM projects and ongoing support activities
- Triage of identified issues across Account source platforms, integration and Reltio MDM
- Ability to analyze and triage API messages as part of ongoing platform support
- Work closely with other IT platform experts to drive resolution of data issues
- Act as designated Reltio support contact and drive Reltio support ticket creation
- Lead user maintenance and setup activities, user role strategy and SSO configuration
- Reltio Service account setup and maintenance
- Perform Reltio data extracts supporting data analysis activities
- Perform Reltio initial data loads and data cleanup working with the Java Data Loader and Console Data Loader
- Work closely with data stewardship team ensuring robust data maintenance capabilities and business processes are working appropriately
- Monitor key performance indicators of the MDM solution to ensure data quality and established policies are working as expected
- Ability to analyze and compare large datasets using tools like R, Python, SQL and Excel is a plus
- Opportunity to gain experience in deeper Reltio configuration
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in a Technical discipline and a minimum of 3+ years of related experience
- Must have at least 2-years enterprise-level experience as an MDM support technician delivering and supporting moderate to complex solutions
- Must have implemented 2 or more large-scale projects using Reltio MDM resulting in the operationalizing of the MDM solution as a live production system with robust error handling and alerting
- Active experience in Reltio including data extract and load tools, user maintenance, data analysis and basic system configuration
- A fundamental understanding of data governance and how it supports and benefits an MDM application
- Experience delivering and supporting cloud based solutions
- Fundamental knowledge of REST API integration along with JSON and XML
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions with customers/business users, leveraging the value of the MDM solution and the best practices to implement it
- Must be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills at both the business and technical level, and able to collaborate as part of a team to deliver exceptional customer results in a rapid paced implementation environment
- Has worked with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, and has ability to write well-structured user stories and participate in agile ceremonies using Jira as the agile tool
- Exposure to integrations technology such as messaging buses and integration brokers.
- Kafka and associated ecosystem including Splunk plus microservice architectures are highly desired
- Familiarity with integrating MDM with any of the following is desired: Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud, Commerce Cloud, Oracle ERP, or Oracle Service Cloud
- Familiarity with Data lakes, ETL, and data analytics, with solutions such as Snowflake, DBT, Snaplogic, and Tableau
- Knowledge of implementing solutions in the cloud, e.g. GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience in the health sciences is a strong plus and specific knowledge of customer journeys and business workflows in a healthcare-regulated environment
- Up to 25%
Supports and maintains software-as-a-service (SaaS) and enterprise-wide applications associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of data for internal department planning and activities. Performs basic configuration, setup, and updating of application, including table definitions and access control. Enters and ensures validity of data entered into established tables, fields and system databases. Builds and produces reports using query and flexible reporting tools to meet the requirements of business management and staff. Sets up user accesses and trains users on application. Recommends changes in applications development, maintenance and system standards.
- Possesses broad understanding of technical principles and theories. Ability to synthesize external data and research findings for application that may impact technical objectives.
- Demonstrates successes in technical proficiency and independent thought. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Exercises good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
This position is Remote.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom's AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
View the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Non Discrimination Provision at this link.