Inventory & Quality Associate at Hungryroot (Indianapolis, IN)
Who We Are
Hungryroot is the all-in-one recipe and grocery service. We're here to help people feel their best and make grocery shopping, cooking, and enjoying healthy food easier than ever. So, we're creating the first-of-its-kind food experience that puts people (and the planet) first, built for busy lives and individual needs.
This position is based on-site at our Indianapolis fulfillment center.
What You’ll Do
Hungryroot is looking for an Inventory Associate to join our growing Operations Team. As An Inventory Control and Quality Assurance (ICQA) associate, this individual will support the fulfillment team by performing cycle counts, verifying product quality, assisting in product rotation (FIFO), and evaluating or discarding short dated or expired products.
This individual will need to be able to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis. This position will require physical labor and an ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable standing for 8+ hours and can lift boxes that weigh up to 50 pounds.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Perform cycle counts to validate and correct inventory
- Resolve inventory issues and discrepancies using data, WMS research, and/or review of receiving paperwork
- Interpret inventory reports to identify short dated items and updates team as applicable
- Perform quality checks of fresh produce and vegetables
- Scan barcodes at bins, shelves, or warehouse rack locations if applicable
- Maintain a clean safe work area and adhere to health & safety policies, GMP’s, and quality standards
- Look up product locations using a handheld RF device
- Be able to work in temperatures of 34 -38 degrees for entirety of shift
- Be able to work in Freezer as needed, 0 degrees (protective gear will be provided)
- Performs other duties as assigned
Why We Need You
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in a similar role, warehouse receiving experience preferred
- Basic computer and data entry skills and experience navigating a WMS and spreadsheets
- Ability to accurately perform cycle counting activities including researching locations, quantities, and reconciliation
- Ability to identify and resolve quality issues for food items, especially fresh food
- RF gun or other handheld device experience
- Ability to continuously stand for an 8-10 hour shift·
- Ability to lift boxes up to 50 pounds
- Ability to meet established standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis
- Repetitive manual dexterity
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive compensation + comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Commuter benefits
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people!
Hungryroot is built on the values of being proactive, positive, and transparent in all that we do. Our mission to help make healthy eating easy, accessible, and joyful is better served by a diverse workplace.
We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building an inclusive workplace. We have zero-tolerance for harassment or discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.