Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) - (On-Site) at Raytheon Technologies (Hartford, CT)
| Hartford, CT
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:46 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Date Posted:2022-09-06-07:00Country:United States of AmericaLocation:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USAPratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up.Are you ready to go beyond?In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is: On-SiteOnsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.Position Overview:The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) will function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for information systems security control methods, mitigations, and tools throughout a systems' lifecycle in compliance with U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security laws, regulations, and guidelines. The ISSE will participate in projects, guide, and counsel internal customers, assist in developing and maintaining cross-security enclave processes and standards, and provide training and guidance on tools and methods to other members of the cybersecurity team.Primary Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Enclave Senior Manager serve as an information systems security lead for information technology-related projects supporting the ME portfolio of programs. Ensure delivery of required RMF artifact elements for new information systems are compiled and provided to the respective ISSM for inclusion in RMF packages to be submitted for an ATO.
- Influence and guide project teams architecting and designing information systems solutions in the employment of configuration options, processes and tools that align with applicable DoD policies and regulations. Collaborate with system engineers, developers and system administrators to resolve compliance issues through mitigation and remediation plans.
- Develop, assess, verify, and manage the implementation of information system security-related tools, measures, and controls in compliance with applicable DoD and Corporate policies, standards and procedures. Periodically review existing systems for opportunities to reduce effort, risk and/or mistake-proof methods and procedures through process improvement.
- Lead the effort in closing out POA&M items for Enclave information systems that are associated with technology-related control items.
- Assist the Enclave Senior Manager in developing and reviewing polices, plans, procedures, and standard work related to information systems security measures and configurations in accordance with applicable DoD policies and regulations tied to the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Assist in overseeing and managing the patch management process and execution across all security enclaves. Collaborate with peer Government Security Compliance (GSC) ISSEs and Corporate equivalents for alignment and sharing of best practices.
- Partner with other GSC ISSEs in participating and supporting the threat intelligence program. Collaborate with GSC ISSE peers, Corporate equivalents and the Insider Threat Program Senior Official (ITPSO) for alignment and sharing of best practices.
- In collaboration with the incident response manager, coordinate and/or perform incident response containment, eradication, and recovery tasks involving classified systems and/or spills of classified data to unauthorized systems.
- Support the respective security enclaves in information systems security-related inspection preparations as needed.
- In close collaboration with peer GSC ISSEs, assist in developing and maintaining standards for information security methods and tools. Work with the Enclave Senior Manager and Associate Direct, GSC Cybersecurity in authoring and maintaining associated training content.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in engineering, cybersecurity, computer science, or IT-related field of study, or 8 years prior relevant experience, or, an advanced degree in a related field and minimum 5 years' experience.
- In lieu of 4-year degree, candidate's 8 plus years' proven IT Security and/or Cyber related experience may be considered.
- Current Active Secret-level U.S. government security clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret-level clearance is required.
- 2 plus years hands-on experience in an ISSO, ISSM and/or ISSE role or equivalent.
- 4 plus years combined hands-on experience in systems administration/engineering and/or cybersecurity support role for a combination of servers, desktop computers, operating systems, and virtual computing, preferably of information systems supporting classified programs or activities.
- Certifications equivalent to or exceeding DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II functional and baseline certification requirements.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Active Top-Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a TS Clearance highly preferred.
- Ability to develop, document and interpret network and wiring diagrams; system, subsystem and device security architectures down to the board level; and data flow diagrams.
More Information on Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Waltham, MA. Raytheon Technologies was founded in 2020. It has 27 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all jobs at Raytheon Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description