Director, Core Systems & Platforms at The Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA)
This role is part of the Core Systems and Platforms (CSP) Engineering organization. We provide business focused technology solutions for the enterprise that empower growth, and enhance value across brands, geographies and organizations.
We are responsible for advancing the Enterprise Technology Strategy through the successful delivery of IT solutions delivering business value to our internal customer organizations.
The Director CSP is responsible for leading a group of IT professionals to manage and deliver a portfolio of products, via large scale programs and smaller sub-projects, in support of major Enterprise Platforms (e.g., Identity and Access Management).
- Accountable for delivery of large-scale, complex technology products, implementing via programs and sub-projects
- Serves as the central point for product plan, design, development, integration, quality assurance, cybersecurity compliance, and future enhancement
- Accountable for IAM product lifecycle planning & management
- Defines the overall technical roadmaps for IAM products and identifies how the team needs to maintain, adjust or evolve to support planned direction
- Responsible for defining program implementation roadmap & developing the related execution plan, and leading large programs of work consisting of solution architects, product and engineering (S/W) teams, program managers, and project managers
- Develops strategy and provide leadership role in IT outsourcing/insourcing activities including RFPs, evaluating pricing and technology solutions offerings
- Partners with IT peer organizations, vendors and business/operations teams in support of implementing a major suite of enterprise products and aligned change enablement practices.
- Interfaces with all levels of management, implementing processes and technology that support business value and process efficiency across business and technical functions
- Develops, manages, and controls program expenditures against the program operating expense and capital budgets
- Stays abreast of existing and emerging IT and industry trends and relevant business developments associated with current and new technologies
- Interfaces with key partners and vendors, ensuring they understand product roadmap, as well as program and project deliverables, meet timing, and cost deadlines, and collaborate with internal project stakeholders while augmenting internal team resources
- Works to drive and implement best practices across all platforms, digital innovation, process automation, and emerging technologies that fit business requirements
- Communicates successes supported by metrics/KPIs illustrating the business value of IT solutions
- Ensures clear communication of project scopes, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis
- Assess the underlying information and technology environment within the organization making recommendations regarding how to invest in and apply best practices and innovative technology while achieving long-term scalability, reducing operational costs, better supporting business processes, and driving change management within the organization.
- Responsible for managing and mentoring a team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve their goals through effective development and training plans
Skills & Key Attributes
- A passion for developing, coaching, and mentoring; strong in hiring, team building and organizational development
- Develop and maintain relationships with leadership across functions and segments
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to establish and manage effective working relationships in a matrixed organizational structure
- Strong consensus-building ability and negotiating skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of stakeholders and audiences
- Strong ability to manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment, including ability to manage multiple project resources, with extensive project planning and execution skills
- Flexible and adaptable; able to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Possess an orientation for results and excellence, inspire confidence and demonstrate conceptual and analytical thinking, initiative and flexibility
- Management and execution skills to deliver and operate enterprise services on time, on budget and with reliable quality
- 8+ years of relevant experience developing and implementing roadmaps for technology products, including planning, leading, and executing of large programs and multiple, simultaneous, medium to large complexity IT projects within the scope of assigned products
- Experience leading, managing, and motivating large, matrixed project teams including architects, developers, operations, PMs, business analysts, and vendor partners
- Experience in leading inter-organization change to increase efficiency through the implementation of technology
- Experience managing program, project and team budget and financials
- Experience with Security and Compliance
- Experience building and managing high-performance and highly motivated teams
- Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- In-depth knowledge of common enterprise IT platforms, products, systems and related integrations in order to communicate effectively about technical aspects of programs and projects
- Broad understanding and background in identity and access management (IAM) tools and technologies, cybersecurity, and IT service delivery are preferred for this role.
Experience - Preferred:
- Significant experience in Enterprise-wide change management/change enablement
- Certifications: Project and Agile Methodologies (e.g., PMP, CSPO, CSM, SAFe), Business Architecture, Enterprise Architecture, Change Management (PROSCI)
Education - Required:
BS Computer Science or related technology field
Education - Preferred:
Master's Degree in Business Administration, MS Computer Science, or relevant technology field
The hiring range for this position in California is $198,932 to $266,860 per year and in Washington is $208,362 to $279,510 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.