Prospecting Specialist at Thumbtack (Remote)
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn’t come with a manual. That's why we’re building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes — knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $500B industry — we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We’re seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we’ll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 70 million projects started on Thumbtack
- More than 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- More than 8 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
To ensure a great user experience and long-term growth, always presenting customers with a healthy number of professionals (Pros) to pick from is key. As a part of the Go To Market Team (GTM), you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack’s most exciting and challenging issues. You will work with the front line to ensure Thumbtack’s marketplace is healthy and competitive by helping our GTM team discover Pros and their online presence. On this team, you will be a part of a tight-knit group that scours the web for Pros in markets that have high demand from our customers. By doing so, you help ensure that Thumbtack continues to be the best place customers go to find help fixing, maintaining and improving their homes.Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on tasks that are designed to find the best Pros for the Thumbtack platform, including but not limited to:
- Combing through search results for business that show positive signs of meeting customer needs online
- Sharing key digital details about these businesses with the GTM team so Pros can learn more about Thumbtack
- Collaborating on peer reviews of teammates findings
- Works with the manager to further improve our Prospecting process by providing recommendations for quality and efficiency improvements
- Upholds the values of Thumbtack
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 1-2 years professional experience in the BPO, shared services, or similar industry; strong preference for candidates with experience in prospecting and lead generation
- Excellent analytical skills: use their professional judgment in interpreting findings
- Excellent aptitude for research, navigation, and investigation
- Excellent English communication (verbal, writing, and email writing) skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in G Suite productivity tools, such as Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets
- Willingness to work on a graveyard shift, and rotating rest days
- Proficient in managing the sales pipeline using CRM systems, preferably Salesforce CRM
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.
Benefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with quarterly in-person events and Camp Thumbtack
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services
- Cell phone and WiFi reimbursements
- Subscriptions and Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact [email protected].*Currently, Thumbtackers can live anywhere in Ontario or British Columbia, Canada or the Philippines or in any of the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, Washington DC. Our long term vision is to hire across all of the United States and Canada, but this expansion will take a few years.