We’re Tovala, a food-tech company reinventing home cooking to save consumers time. Through an innovative combination of hardware, software, and fresh food delivery, we make it incredibly simple for anyone to prepare and enjoy delicious, home-cooked meals without sacrificing time to do whatever matters to them. Through our superior technology, product experience and food quality, we have separated Tovala from the busy pack of other meal delivery businesses. In the process, we’ve amassed a loyal, rapidly growing following and our retention, product engagement and customer NPS are all best-in-class. We’ve raised over $100mm from great investors like Left Lane Capital, Origin Ventures, Y Combinator and Comcast Ventures and have invested strongly in building a unique culture that fosters growth, personal development and camaraderie.
In this role, you will oversee food production and operations in our kitchen facility. You would be responsible for ensuring food quality and safety as well as efficient utilization of our staff, equipment, and other resources to streamline our food production processes.
Location: 5041 W 2400 S, West Valley City, UT 84120
How you'll spend your time at Tovala
- Lead, plan, organize and control the operation of the shift.
- Monitor performance of kitchen equipment and machinery in collaboration with food production and engineering teams; communicate equipment malfunction to engineering team
- Develop and maintain performance standards for all aspects of food production
- Train, develop and coach production leads and employees.
- Ensure quality, safety and good manufacturing processes (GMPs) are followed.
- Comply with FDA, USDA and HACCP standards.
- Lead interactions with local, state, federal and third-party inspectors; Monitor, manage and improve employee productivity and provide constructive feedback, coaching, and progressive discipline as neededReview and maintain time records.
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Identify and resolve employee, customer, and/or supplier concerns.
- Note: The first two months of this role will be working various shifts to learn all aspects of our food production cycle.
- 3-5 years of experience in food production
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Fluent in English, strong Spanish language skills a plus
- Experienced with and capable of demonstrating strong understanding of HACCP or related food safety protocol
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel; willing to learn new online tools and communication channels
- A self-starter with effective leadership, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment with a growing start-up company
- Ability to work off-shifts (evening, weekend) as needed
The values we hold dear
Put the team first
We put what is best for the broader team ahead of what is best for ourselves or our immediate department.
Get s#!t done (well)
We celebrate people at all levels for delivering high impact work that expands the bounds of what we’re able to do.
Connect the dots
We engage with curiosity to learn how our work impacts others so that we can problem-solve holistically and work collaboratively.
We share our perspective openly and directly, even when it feels difficult to do so.
Embrace the obstacles
We rise to meet challenges with a sense of urgency, resolve, and optimism.
Champion the customer
We consider and prioritize our customer in all of our decisions
At Tovala we‘re committed to building a workplace that represents a variety of backgrounds, skills, and perspectives and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Everyone is welcome here!