Client Support Associate at Alarm.com (Minneapolis, MN)
Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service and solving complex problems? Do you enjoy troubleshooting technology? If you answered yes, we are looking for you to join our Alarm.com contact center. In this role, you will provide phone-base technical support for our dealers by helping them ensure devices in end user’s homes and businesses are functioning properly.
Prior technical knowledge is not required; however, technical curiosity and a willingness to learn are key to your success in the role. In fact, candidates without previous technical support experience are strongly encouraged to apply; we see great success in candidates coming from retail, food service, and hospitality industries that are looking to make a career change.
Join our award-winning Top Workplace! We even have a casual environment (yes, you really can wear jeans to work every day!)
- Provide exceptional phone-based customer support regarding Alarm.com products and services
- On average you’ll take 10-15 inbound calls per day; each call is approximately 15 minutes
- Be inquisitive, logical, and persistent in developing troubleshooting steps to remedy any technical concerns and find solutions
- You must be a positive and proactive problem-solver with the ability to think on your feet while providing excellent customer service.
- Share knowledge within the team via documentation, on-going training, and participation in lab exercises and product testing
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure on-going improvements in quality and service
- Have fun in a stimulating and fast-paced environment in which you’ll never be bored and you're constantly learning
In joining the technical support team, you will learn about:
- Alarm.com’s products, services, and devices by participating in extensive in-house training sessions and having hands-on experience in setting up a complete Alarm.com system
- The security industry, Alarm.com’s business model, marketing strategies, and how we work together with the dealers
- This position is a hybrid role; you’ll be required to work in-office 3 days per week with the flexibility to work from home 2 days per week. During the 3 in-office days you will report to our office in Bloomington, MN
- Strong customer service orientation and disposition
- Interest in technology (although prior related technology expertise is not required)
- Ability to work in multiple technical mediums simultaneously while remaining attentive to customer and their concern
- Demonstrated experience with logical thinking and problem solving
- Strong technical aptitude and computer skills (e.g., Web-based applications, Mobile applications, Excel, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus!
- A self-starter who is able to operate independently, within a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Phone-based support skills, preferred
WHY WORK FOR ALARM.COM?
- While providing unprecedented service, our team also focuses on making work fun! No matter what your interests are you will find like-minded people at Alarm.com. You can be a part of our amazing community that includes monthly game nights (D&D, Azul, Splendor), nerf wars during the workday, themed potlucks, group outings, trivia nights, Star Wars themed career path, and countless other activities.
- Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace within weeks. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the Alarm.com team!
- Gain well rounded experience: Alarm.com offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with latest technologies: As we continue to lead the industry, we require expertise across a broad spectrum of technologies including short and long-range wireless communication, video surveillance, lighting and HVAC automation, web development, and backend application development and hosting.
- Focus on fun: Alarm.com places high value on our team culture. We even have a committee dedicated to hosting a stand-out holiday party, happy hours, and an annual corporate retreat!
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. Alarm.com earned the Top Workplace™ award for our employee culture and the meaningful work we do to give property owners peace of mind, help them conserve energy and water, and stay connected to loved ones. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and a generous benefits package starting on day one of employment including 100% paid medical for employees, a health savings account option with company contribution, waiver allowance, 401(k) with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off starting at 4 weeks and increasing with tenure and paid maternity/paternity leave. We offer a casual dress work environment, annual company retreat, gym subsidy, and education assistance program. We also offer an on-site exercise facility complete with locker rooms, a café, yoga/Pilates classes and a convenience store. Our building also offers other convenient services such as shoe shining, an ATM, dry-cleaning, free covered parking and a car wash. In the office, we enjoy collaborative work areas, ping-pong, panoramic views of the metro area as one of the tallest buildings in Bloomington!
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.