We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Crypto team is focused on building the core cryptographic primitives and services to support the Coinbase mission with products and services. We build shared infrastructure that facilitates management of cryptocurrency assets on multiple blockchains. We solve hard engineering problems in cryptography, security, blockchain technology and distributed systems, with a focus on building high reliability, high security services for product teams. Check out more info on your career in cryptography at Coinbase here!
What you'll be doing:
- Design and build the next generation of cryptocurrency-focused services for our cryptography platform by implementing the latest cryptographic protocols: threshold cryptography, zkSNARKs, anonymous credentials, cryptographic accumulators, and thinking through first principles.
- Implement cryptographic primitives to support the latest advancements required to further the crypto ecosystem.
- Write high quality, well-tested, secure features to ship to our customers.
- Partner with engineers and product teams to drive critical projects into a tangible roadmap.
- Coach and mentor engineers; help calibrate and develop the engineering team.
What we look for in you:
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- Deep understanding and experience in cryptography protocols (signature schemes, zero-knowledge proofs, elliptic curves, encryption, etc.).
- Ability to understand and build new cryptographic primitives
- Passionate about improving and solving for complex cryptography problems.
- Proficient in a modern high level language Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Comfortable leading cross-functional initiatives, and collaborating with product managers, UX designers, and engineering teams.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- Previous production software engineering experience with cryptographic services.
- Experience with distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges.
- Experience in securing digital assets and cryptocurrencies
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $201,450+ target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
*The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills and experience of qualified candidates.
Job ID: G1825
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.