Senior Technical Writer at Comtech (Washington DC)
Comtech is a woman-owned small business founded in 1998 and headquartered in Reston, VA. We offer IT solutions across the disciplines of program/project management, applications development, infrastructure, Cyber security, and enterprise content/data management services. We have developed our methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations. These methodologies and processes are reinforced through our organization’s externally accredited certifications, which include ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS), ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 IT Service Management Systems (SMS, corporate ITIL certification), ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS), and CMMI-DEV Level 3"Job Description
The Senior Technical Writer will serve as a key member of the Communications team and will drive the editing and revision of all key deliverables, communications and correspondence material within a high profile Department of Defense (DoD) office. The Technical Writer must be well versed in DoD Correspondence Guidelines, document routing, and approval processes. The Technical Writer must also be an expert in MS Word, proficient in MS Excel and MS Publisher. Strong attention to detail is a must have for this position. Prior experience with the Department of Navy as well as working knowledge of federal financial reporting, federal business processes, internal controls and OMB A-123 are a plus.
1 - Defense Industry Knowledge(P3 - Advanced)
2 - Microsoft Office365 (P3 - Advanced)
3 - Technical Documentation Writing (P3 - Advanced)
4 - Written Communication (P3 - Advanced)Qualifications
1. Minimum 7 years of experience acting as a technical writer and reviewer of functional deliverables, official correspondence, as well as training and communications material, preferably within a senior level DoD working environment
2. Minimum 7 years of experience with MS Office applications (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
3. Minimum 3 years of experience interacting with senior level/C-suite clients on a daily basis.
1. Strong attention to detail.
2. Previous experience with the Department of Navy
3. Knowledge of federal financial reporting, federal business processes, internal controls and OMB A-123.Additional Information
**Please share me your updated word copy of Resume.
**I Appreciate, if you can refer someone who is looking for this position.
IT Recruiter at Comtech LLC