Senior Technical Writer at Element Biosciences (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:56 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 2, 2022
Element Biosciences is a multi-disciplinary startup focused on innovating genetic analysis tools for the research and clinical markets. The Company's technology will broaden the end user experience through improved data quality and simplified workflows to benefit discoveries and diagnosis in healthcare.
Join a team of dreamers and revolutionaries who are focused on democratizing access to genetic analysis, thereby accelerating the pace of scientific discovery. We are redefining an industry and the possibilities are endless.
We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We value Grit, Learning Agility, Customer obsession and Teamwork.
If this sounds like you, we are looking for a Senior technical writer. .Based in San Diego and reporting to the Senior Manager of Technical Writing, the ideal candidate will be responsible for collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team, including software and instrument engineers, to produce high-quality documentation supporting the Element Biosciences instrument and software.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who will take a hands-on approach to information gathering and content generation.
· Communicate with R&D product developers and attend project meetings to understand the products under development, the schedule, and dependencies.
· Communicate with marketing product managers to identify product and audience requirements.
· Generate new content that meets marketing and technical requirements, producing documentation for both the field and customers who are servicing or using products in a biological sciences environment.
· Work efficiently and accurately in an XML-based content management system, following best practices and standards for content reuse and organization.
· Drive documentation projects and support similar initiatives driven by others on the team.
· Build and manage the schedule for each deliverable, allotting time for reviews, feedback incorporation, and milestone deliveries.
· Demonstrate strong domain expertise in modern styles and standards for user guides, online help, and context-sensitive help.
This list highlights major areas of focus and areas of effort, but in a small team and a dynamic company environment, these job responsibilities can expand and flex at management’s request.
· At least five years’ experience writing instructions and concepts for use in a scientific environment. Advanced degree preferred.
· Highly organized with excellent attention to detail.
· Proactive, flexible, and forward-thinking with the ability to work independently or as a team member in an environment of constant technological and organizational change.
· Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
· Experience initiating and managing documentation projects, improving customer experience and efficiency.
· Experience with next-generation sequencing, APIs and other developer documentation, and MadCap Flare highly desirable.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in an unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
More Information on Element Biosciences
Element Biosciences operates in the Biotech industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA and Sunnyvale, CA. Element Biosciences was founded in 2017. It has 130 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all jobs at Element Biosciences, click here.
Read Full Job Description