PRWeb Editor - Remote (Overnight) at Cision
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:13 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 29, 2022
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
We are a leader in the professional communications software space. By investing in our brand and technologies, we are driving change in how communications pros distribute, monitor and evaluate their content. We invest in our people through training and management and empower them to drive their careers.
The PRWeb Editor reviews dozens of press release submissions daily, assists PRWeb and Cision customers with their press release distribution needs and offers premium writing and distribution services for this press release newswire.
- Edits press releases for spelling, grammar, clarity, accuracy, objectivity, inoffensive material, etc. in images, links, and content
- Formats approve and reviews press release for the quality of the news content
- Provides general customer service on a wide range of topics through online Help Desk, Live Chat, incoming phone calls, and incoming e-mail messages
- Consult customers by phone, chat, help desk and e-mail for editorial holds and other content-related issues
- Follows PRWeb's mission to delight every customer and to find the "best possible outcome" for everyone
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, PR, communications, English or related field or equivalent experience writing or editing for news, publishing or public relations organization
- Strong writing, editing, researching, proofreading, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Experienced copy editing with format, grammar, clarity, etc.
- Knowledge of the public relations and/or press release industry and of basic news values for a successful press release
- Ability to coordinate, organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience with problem-solving and working with the public on a customer-service level
- Proficiency with multi-tasking on a computer, using Microsoft Word, Web browsers and e-mail
- Proficiency in internet research
- Knowledge of search engine optimization a plus, but PRWeb will train candidates as well
As a global leader in PR, marketing and social media management technology and intelligence, Cision helps brands and organizations to identify, connect and engage with customers and stakeholders to drive business results. PR Newswire, a network of over 1.1 billion influencers, in-depth monitoring, analytics and its Brandwatch and Falcon.io social media platforms headline a premier suite of solutions. Cision has offices in 24 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA and APAC. For more information about Cision's award-winning solutions, including its next-gen Cision Communications Cloud®, visit www.cision.com and follow @Cision on Twitter.
Cision is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and perform at their best. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge and named a “Top Diversity Employer” for 2021 by DiversityJobs.com.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Please review our Global Candidate Data Privacy Statement to learn about Cision’s commitment to protecting personal data collected during the hiring process.
More Information on Cision
Cision operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX. Cision was founded in 1867. It has 2736 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 75 open jobs at Cision, click here.
Read Full Job Description