Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The L&D team is within a part of our broader Customer Experience (CX) organization. As a team, L&D is responsible for the development/implementation of e-learning and instructor-led training plans for internal CX teams that are on the front lines working with external Coinbase Retail and Institutional customers. It’s our job as an L&D function to make sure CX Analysts have the knowledge and training necessary to provide best-in-class support to all Coinbase customers, an exciting challenge given how rapidly our business and teams are evolving.
As an L&D Specialist/Lead at Coinbase, you will work cross-functionally with CX partners to develop L&D programs, and provide end to end L&D expertise for your designated sub-pillar(s). Broadly, this includes: providing strategic expertise for existing and net new learning programs, conducting needs analysis, scoping and consulting with stakeholders, providing design input, managing delivery, supporting train the trainer initiatives, and the evaluation of L&D content. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to have a passion for education, be a self-starter with natural curiosity, and thrive in an ultra high-growth startup environment.
A note to applicants: If you’re applying through our website, you might be wondering, what’s the difference between an L&D role that supports Retail vs. Institutional? It’s a great question! At Coinbase, we consider our Retail customers as people/individuals that use Coinbase apps to trade and invest in digital currencies like Bitcoin. Our Institutional customers are organizations/businesses that use Coinbase apps as part of an investment strategy. Our suite of tools is different between our Retail and Institutional customers. If you have experience supporting individuals as customers, a Retail L&D role is a good fit for you. If you have experience supporting businesses as customers, an Institutional L&D role is a good fit for you. If you’re not sure, don’t worry, our team will make sure candidates are matched with the right opportunity.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Create and facilitate blended training solutions for internal CX Analysts (e-learnings, instructor lead)
- Support end to end project management of L&D trainings and deliverables (e.g. training logistics)
- Collaboratively partner with SMEs on net new L&D requests, and complete need assessments
- Surface feedback and proactively identify ways to optimize training processes/deliverables
- Engage with multiple software products, most significantly LMS e-learning tool(s) and Jira
- Support ad hoc projects within the L&D team as needed
- Collaboratively partner with L&D leaders to support quarterly OKR projects
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Previous experience in an L&D role (Instructional Design, Training Facilitation, e-learning/LMS)
- Experience training and facilitating groups of people in remote environments.
- Talented multi-tasker, can manage multiple projects/deliverable at a time
- Naturally curious, can ask the right questions to get to a place of better understanding
- Collaborative, enjoys working on a team
- No ego, positive attitude, willingness to help where needed
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized
- Adaptable, can roll with the punches in an ever changing business environment
- Problem solver, brings solutions to the table when roadblocks come up
- Effective communicator, communicates clearly, directly, and with positivity
Nice to haves
- Previous experience working in financial services, technology, or crypto
- Previous experience in education, or background in formal L&D training
- Previous experience working in a product-driven organization
- Previous experience managing senior stakeholders
- Previous experience working in a rapidly scaling/high growth company
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.