Jr. Copy Writer at Cendyn (Remote)
Junior Copywriters at Cendyn are responsible for producing a variety of digital marketing copy for Cendyn and our clients, which include some of the world’s leading hotel and resort brands. The content we create includes:
- Landing pages
- Display ads
- Social media ads
- Blog posts
- Email campaigns
- SEM ads
- Marketing collateral
- Writing for specific Cendyn products
The copy we write must grab users’ attention and guide them toward taking a desired action, such as booking a hotel room or signing up for a newsletter. At the same time, the copy must capture the unique branding and personality of our clients, speak directly to specific audiences, and meet our high standards for quality (grammar, spelling, etc.). Junior Copywriters are required to work within various document formats (Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel), as well as the online platforms we use to communicate between teams and keep track of assignments.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with some of the content types listed above and be open to learning how to write copy for new formats, as well as the ability to work with both internal and external feedback to complete each task. Candidates should also be familiar with general marketing concepts, such as target demographics, upper funnel vs. lower funnel, and common metrics used to measure success.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Creative Writing, Marketing or other relevant subject
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Clear understanding of information architecture
- Experience with social media a plus
- Knowledge of hospitality and travel industry and technology/marketing solutions a plus
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Highly technical with the ability to work with multiple tools at once
- Ability to follow precise directions, conduct research as needed and manage time well
- Strong desire to learn in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Ability to work with design team, project managers and other internal personnel to achieve task objective(s)
- Must be a team player who is comfortable with feedback (both internally and from clients)
- Can juggle multiple projects simultaneously to meet various deadlines
This role is eligible for remote work within the United States as well as working from one of our global offices.
Cendyn is currently working on becoming compliant with new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
This position may require up to 5% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.