Freelance Content Coordinator at KAYAK (Remote)
KAYAK and OpenTable help people discover the world through travel and dining with a worldwide group of brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. The Content Marketing Team based in Berlin and Copenhagen serves KAYAK and all its affiliated brands in 6 locales.
You will be joining the recently started Content Marketing team passionate about bringing inspirational and useful travel content to potential users all over the world. You will help us coordinate our content production while we set up a well oiled content production flow. Your primary responsibilities will be to ensure the content is keyword optimised, includes all the relevant information and to be the final set of eyes, before the content gets published. This role will require collaborating with teams in Berlin and Copenhagen.
Experience in SEO and content planning, effective communication skills as well as a good eye for detail, are essential to this role.
You will be working on
- Researching keywords on travel related topics and creating briefs for several markets.
- Developing and creating new content templates for different page types.
- Coordinating content production processes from review, through proofreading and publishing.
- Providing quality assurance of editorial content.
- Managing and maintaining the editorial calendar across all markets.
Desired skills and experience
- Previous professional experience in coordinating and planning large scale content production projects.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and focus both on details, and the big picture.
- Good understanding of SEO in content writing.
- Experience working with WordPress.
- Additional language skills in European languages are a plus.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Mexico and the UK.