Editor III (Senior Editor) at Informa (Remote)
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publisher, are currently recruiting for a Senior Editor to join their Books Commissioning team within the Maths, Stats, and Physics list for Indian/Sub-Saharan African Region. This role will be responsible for managing and developing a well-established subject list as a part of our global books publishing programme.
Overall Role Summary:
This role is responsible for:
• Commissioning quality product to agreed revenue and profitability target
• Publishing product to agreed plan
• Managing an editor/ team of editors and managers, as appropriate, to ensure agreed key targets are achieved
• Managing stakeholder relationships, both internal and external
• Supporting and encouraging colleagues and managers within own department
Being an ambassador for Routledge, Taylor & Francis at all times, e.g. with external stakeholders including academic authors, editors, etc.
Tasks are likely to include:
• Commissions, acquires and/or manages own programme to an agreed level of revenue and profitability
• Meets handover/transmit target and publishes programme to agreed plan
• Develops, articulates and implements a clear plan and vision for the development of their list and the lists of their editorial team
• Performance manages, motivates or mentors Associate Editor(s) or Editor(s)
• Supports the activities of the wider team on a consistent basis through the running of workshops, training program(me)s and other activities
• Proactively makes new contacts and builds long-term relationships to ensure pipeline of content
• Builds, maintains and shares a thorough knowledge of market need and competitor activity to inform decisions on product and concept development
• Liaises with other departments to achieve timely publication and sales goals
• Acts as a product champion with internal stakeholders to ensure buy-in and support for the list across other departments
• Accountable for managing own learning, taking responsibility to identify and develop skills gaps.
The ideal candidate will have an experience in:
• Book publishing
• Relevant systems and websites
• Workload and time management of own list
• Project management of projects of all sizes
• Industry and market awareness
• Reading and interpreting appropriate financial data
• People Management
Skills and Behaviors Required
• Delivering business results
• Analytical thinking and logical response under pressure
• Teamwork, networking and building relationships
• Influence, negotiate and persuade others
• Solution finding and decision making
• Handle and communicate information sensitively and professionally
• Numerical and verbal reasoning skills
• Communication (oral and written) to internal and external contacts
• Commercial awareness and customer focus
• Presentation skills for the running of workshops and training initiatives
• People and team management and development skills
- Ample paid time off
- Sick time
- Medical & vision benefits
- Volunteering days
- Day off for your birthday
- 401(k) match
- Flexible working schedule
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
- You must have the right to work and live in the United States
- This role can be remote but on the East Coast due to having the most overlapping hours with our UK colleagues
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.