Content Marketing Manager & Writer, Industry Solutions at MongoDB
MongoDB is the world’s most popular general purpose data platform, and one of the fastest growing cloud products.
As a founding member of MongoDB’s Industry Solutions Team, you will spearhead messaging, develop content strategy, and oversee writers in the planning and execution of whitepapers, blogs, videos, infographics, and other assets for IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) in at least 2 of MongoDB’s target industries (healthcare, finance, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, or energy). In addition, you will be writing and editing original content and punching up the work of others.
This is a cross-functional, high-visibility role with the opportunity to build MongoDB’s voice and value proposition in several industries. The role requires you to quickly internalize the unique capabilities of MongoDB’s product offerings, combine them with input from industry Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), field marketing, and sales teams, and marry that to the problems faced by our target industry audiences.
In short, we’re looking for a player/coach able to strategize, plan, and manage a content program, and then seamlessly pivot to write and edit content too.
Who will be great at this role:
Independent thinkers, with an unerring instinct for what great, technology solutions-focused B2B content looks like. You will not be afraid to intervene if content does not meet your own high standards.
Lateral thinkers, able to marshall the time and knowledge of MongoDB’s considerable brain trust and turn that raw information into compelling content for our target audience of ITDMs across several key industries.
Storytellers, with a knack for spotting the real story in a sea of technobabble.
Drivers, able to balance multiple projects, changing priorities, and occasionally ambitious deadlines while still maintaining the highest standards in quality.
- Translate SME input, industry/vertical knowledge, and a deep understanding of MongoDB’s value proposition into content strategy, narratives, content journeys, editorial calendars, creative ideas, and roadmaps for the ITDM audience.
- Map content journeys for various use cases and personas and recommend formats across channels that align to business goals.
- Share and develop best practices for content marketing, including channel strategy, content atomization, and responding to performance metrics.
- Explore new content types, pushing MongoDB’s industry solutions into areas it hasn't previously been.
- Develop, manage, and cultivate ongoing and new writer, vendor, and partner relationships.
- Drive the use of customer, market and competitive research to understand customer’s technology needs, as well as values and benefits sought to identify market opportunities across products.
- Focus on atomizing and reusing content in new mediums and formats.
- Write compelling and clear copy
- Write long-form content, including articles and blogs
- Help plan and edit content from a range of sources (MongoDB writers, agency partners, industry partners) that speaks to specific solutions for companies and verticals.
- Translate engineering-focused documentation and other highly technical content into clear and informative material.
Who You Are
- 4+ years Content Marketing experience
- Highly proficient problem-solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, lead resources across multiple projects, and meet tight and often competing deadlines.
- Proven success with content development, content strategy, and orchestrating writers.
- Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills.
- Able to work well under timelines and effectively develop and inspire a team in fast paced, high-visibility scenarios.
- Can effectively collaborate and establish relationships with key business partners across products and functions.
- A demonstrated understanding of what solutions-focused content is.
- Experience creating B2B, technology focused content about any of the following industries - Finance/Banking, Telecommunications, Healthcare, Energy/Oil & Gas, Retail, and manufacturing.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.