Grow Therapy is on a mission to serve as the trusted partner for therapists growing their practice, and patients accessing high-quality care. Powered by technology, we are a three-sided marketplace that empowers providers, augments insurance payors, and serves patients. Following the mass increase in depression and anxiety, the need for accessibility is more important than ever. To make our vision for mental healthcare a reality, we’re building a team of entrepreneurs and mission-driven go-getters. Since launching in February 2021, we’ve empowered over 10 thousand therapists and hundreds of thousands of clients across the country and insurance landscape. We’ve raised over $100mm of funding from Transformation Capital, TCV, and SignalFire.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a Compliance Officer at Grow Therapy, you will play a critical role in overseeing and promoting compliance with legal and regulatory requirements within the behavioral health sector. You’ll work closely with leadership, staff, and external stakeholders to maintain a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure the organization's compliance with all relevant federal, state, and local regulations and laws pertaining to behavioral health services, including but not limited to HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, and state-specific regulations.
- Risk Assessment: Conduct risk assessments to identify and mitigate potential compliance risks. Develop strategies to address emerging compliance challenges.
- Ethical Standards: Promote a culture of ethics and compliance within the organization, including providing guidance on ethical dilemmas.
- Policy Development: Develop, review, and update compliance policies and procedures to align with changing regulations and industry best practices. Communicate and train staff on these policies.
- Monitoring and Auditing: Conduct regular internal audits and assessments to identify areas of non-compliance. Develop corrective action plans and oversee their implementation across teams.
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare and submit compliance reports to executive leadership, the Board of Directors and the Compliance Committee as required. Maintain accurate and organized compliance documentation.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: Ensure that patient privacy and confidentiality standards, including HIPAA, are upheld in all aspects of operations, including electronic health records (EHR) systems. Serve as the HIPAA Privacy Officer for Grow Therapy.
- Medical Records: Oversee the medical record function to ensure compliance with timely record releases, tracking of disclosures, and annual HHS reporting as indicated.
- Incident Response: Oversee and manage the organization's response to compliance violations or incidents, including investigating allegations and implementing corrective actions.
- External Relationships: Collaborate with external agencies, auditors, and legal counsel as necessary. Serve as the point of contact for regulatory inquiries and audits.
- People management: Supervise the Compliance Specialist and the Medical Records team.
Salary range: $161,625 - $218,500
You’ll Be a Good Fit If:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in compliance roles within the healthcare or behavioral health industry.
- You have strong knowledge of federal and state regulations governing behavioral health services.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively share your knowledge with non-experts.
- You have exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) or Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC) credentials are a plus.
- You have a demonstrated commitment to ethical conduct and integrity.
- You understand the need for ruthless prioritization in navigating the complexities associated with working in a hyper growth startup environment
If you don’t meet every single requirement, but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and Grow believes the perfect candidate is more than just a resume.
Note: Please upload your resume in PDF format
- The chance to drive impact within the mental healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Our dedication to mental health guides our culture. Wellness benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Flexible working hours and location (remote OR in-office, your choice!)
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide winter break
- Mental health mornings (2 hours each week)
- Team meditation
- Wellness Stipend
- In-office lunch and biweekly remote lunch on us!
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities
Grow Therapy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.