Business Operations Manager, Technology
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 45 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 400 million freights posted in 2022, and a database of $150 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. Our headquarters are in Denver, CO, with additional offices in Missouri, Oregon, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer (CTO) at DAT, a leading freight and analytics company.
Join the DAT Technology Team as our Business Operations Manager, Technology. In this crucial role, you'll serve as the right hand to the CTO, spearheading strategy implementation, business enablement, and leadership team enablement. As a strategic thinker with a proven track record in business strategy, operations, and stakeholder engagement, you'll work cross-functionally to improve our technology leadership team's effectiveness, streamline our operations, and foster a culture of excellence.
As Business Operations Manager, you will bring a proven track record and strong skills in business strategy, rhythm of the business/operations, communications, customer and partner engagement, and internal stakeholder management. This position requires extensive cross-group and cross-boundary coordination at all levels. The ideal candidate demonstrates strategic thought leadership, business planning leadership, and capabilities to frame organizational opportunities for the DAT technology leadership team. This person must be passionate about living our values, helping connect and align teams, and translating business priorities into actionable outcomes. Specific emphasis in the first year will be placed on implementation of processes and the operation of the technology team.
Leadership Enablement & Strategy:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CTO, optimizing organizational strategies to achieve collective goals.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to track and report on the tech team’s operational progress.
- Develop cross-organizational stakeholder relationships, amplifying alignment with departments such as HR, Marketing, Finance, and Sales.
- Drive high-impact cross-team projects to meet evolving business needs.
- Process Implementation: Identify and implement strategies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of product development processes, ensuring smooth coordination between various teams involved in the product lifecycle.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging trends. Identify opportunities for process improvement and drive initiatives to enhance productivity, innovation, and quality within product and engineering.
Business Process & Operational Excellence:
- Collaborate with business managers, finance, and procurement to enhance business rhythms, budgeting, forecasting, and staffing requirements.
- Establish operational best practices to consistently execute core business priorities.
- Have great financial fluency, and ability to interface and communicate with FP&A and the ability to integrate financial management and budgeting into management of the technology team.
Team Culture & Engagement:
- Collaborate with tech leadership and HR to foster a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Champion organizational health initiatives, employee engagement strategies, and organization-wide events.
- Oversee an extensive internal communication calendar, ensuring consistency and alignment with tech organizational goals.
- Develop strategies for internal and stakeholder-facing communications, ensuring a unified voice and direction.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrates a positive mindset, high levels of character and integrity, and a keen awareness of continuous improvement.
- Brings People Together: Fosters a respectful, positive, transparent and collaborative environment.
- Displays humility, adaptability, unquestionable ethics & integrity. Is selfless in their approach and lives the company values. Can handle highly sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Track Record of Success: Demonstrated ability to drive complex, strategies and projects - exceeding expectations and delivering business results. Experience working on high profile projects with senior level executive visibility and engagement.
- Solid Judgment & Instincts: Proven ability to make principled decisions under pressure and find the “right” path, particularly when there are different/competing points of view.
- Comfortable managing ambiguity and uncertainty. Confidence to navigate a vast array of information and stakeholders. Identifies broad impact of decisions and implications for people and teams internally and externally.
- Communications Expertise: Is great at storytelling, strategy and execution across written, verbal and social mediums internally and externally. Understands how to communicate at scale.
- Organization Skills: Builds partnerships, aligns difficult groups, builds consensus and trust, and keeps the pulse of a large group. Outstanding cross group organization skills and agility.
- Operations Expertise: Ability to define and run effective, efficient and repeatable business processes. Desire to constantly improve and evolve systems through data, feedback and iteration.
The Skills and Experience You’ll Bring
- 5-10 years of experience in business planning, operations management, project management, or other relevant roles.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field such as Computer Science, Engineering or Finance is preferred.
- Strong written and communication skills, tailored to varied audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate, and maintain relationships at all organizational levels.
- Aptitude for handling multiple projects simultaneously in complex environments.
- Experience with tech processes, operations, and a history of proactive problem-solving.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical capabilities.
- Resilience, independence, and an ability to navigate through ambiguous challenges.
- This role can sit out of one of DAT’s co-HQs: Denver, CO or Beaverton, OR. This role is based in office 2 days per week.
For Colorado-based candidates, in compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the minimum salary for this role is 150,000.00 + benefits. The maximum compensation for this role can vary significantly depending on your job-related skills and experience. DAT considers factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education and training, core skills, internal equity, and market and business elements when extending an offer.
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)