Business Development Manager - Independent Properties
At Lighthouse (formerly OTA Insight), we're on a mission to reimagine commercial strategy for the hospitality industry. Our commercial platform simplifies data, transforming complexity into confidence with actionable market insights, business intelligence, and pricing tools that maximize revenue.
We successfully raised 80 million in series of B funding, we welcomed four companies to our organization and want to grow over 100 million in ARR in 2024. With more than 560 teammates illuminating the way, representing 34 nationalities living in 35 different countries of which 175 in Belgium alone, we are a fun, collaborative and committed team that works hard to achieve amazing results. Ready to take off and join this rocketship in revolutionizing the hospitality sector?
We are expanding internationally and are looking for a full-time Business Development Manager- Independent Properties- USA. This individual will be based out of our office in Dallas, Texas or Denver, Colorado. They will be responsible for increasing our adoption across independent hotels not working with management companies.
Where you will have impact:
- Source potential client opportunities via cold calling, (cold) emailing campaigns and through interaction with professional industry network groups.
- Build, organize and execute a business development plan to achieve sales targets.
- Utilize and develop innovative strategies to maximize results and win over challenging targets.
- Respond to all incoming product enquiries, referrals and leads in a timely and effective manner.
- Preparation of accurate quotes, development and presentation of proposals to clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Organization of online (WebEx webinar) or personal product demonstrations and advanced training sessions.
- Maintain accurate records of your business development activities on OTA Insight's CRM system.
- Achieve sales KPI's and targets.
- Sales to be finalized in a timely manner, with a focus being placed on being proactive.
- Maintain regular contact with prospective clients and new accounts.
- Continue to identify upgrade opportunities with the existing client base and generate new sales from these organizations.
- Contract negotiation as required, maintaining a balance between optimal service, value for the client and OTA Insight's profit margins.
- Ensure all documentation is complete post sales to set up trials, and to move the client to a subscription.
- Attend meetings, (inter)national conferences and organize regional road shows as required.
- Demonstrate commitment to the team, to ensure the team achieves its goals, objectives and SLA's.
- Adopt the relevant processes, procedures and policies to ensure a consistently high level of service is adhered to.
What's in it for you?
- A flexible working environment where you can work from home or at one of our seven offices around the world
- Unlimited PTO, allowing you to take time off as you see fit
- Two annual Wellbeing Days, on top of your personal holidays, when we take some time away from our computers with the entire company
- Workshops and frameworks that help employees realize their full career potential
- The opportunity to shape the products that more than 85,000 users rely on worldwide
- The chance to grow and evolve the data culture at a fast-growing scale-up
- A compensation program that values your work and which we will proactively keep competitive
- 401k matching up to 4%
- The option of three health insurance plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield that will suit your personal needs
- We know not everyone relaxes the same way; therefore, we've opted to support your general wellbeing by subsidising up to 80% of your monthly ClassPass subscription
- A referral bonus scheme when you bring new talent to our #bestteamever!
Who you are:
- An ideal candidate has a Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business, Communication, Finance, Economics or other relevant field
- You have 1+ years relevant experience in business development in the hospitality business, or with a SaaS company
- You are comfortable navigating software and conducting webinars/tutorials
- You have a focused, "hunter" mentality to find, solicit, and drive new business to the company
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience with SalesForce, or other CRM systems and related sales tools
- Of course, you have excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrates a high level of diplomacy
In addition to benefits and other Lighthouse total rewards, the annual base salary for this role is $60,000- $70,000 + commission ($100,000-110,000 OTE). We benchmark our salary ranges for new hires in relation to the role, level, and role location; however, we consider a multitude of factors, to include relevant experience, skills, and education/training, to determine compensation within the identified range.
Thank you for considering a career with Lighthouse. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that values equal opportunity for all. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability. Our commitment to equality is not just a policy; it's part of our culture.
If you share our passion for innovation and teamwork, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of the hospitality industry. At Lighthouse, our guiding light is to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.
We value the unique perspective and talents that you bring, and we're excited to see how your light can shine within our team. We can't wait to meet you and explore how we can grow and succeed together, illuminating the path towards a brighter future for the industry.