2024 Aerospace Returning Interns
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
This requisition is intended for candidates who previously participated in the 2023 Aerospace Internship Program. You are applying for a position to return to the role for which you were an intern in 2023.
The 2024 Aerospace Internship Program opportunities are paid full-time positions for a minimum of 10-weeks in the summer. Cooperative Education (Co-op) opportunities are also paid. Co-op positions are limited to participating locations and, students from approved university programs.
- 2024 Start Dates: 5/20, 5/28, 6/3, 6/10 or 6/17
- 2024 End Dates: 8/2, 8/9, 9/6 or 9/13
- Locations: candidates must be willing to work at any Aerospace location including but not limited to: El Segundo, CA, Colorado Springs, CO, Greenbelt, MD Albuquerque, NM, Houston, TX, Salt Lake City, UT, Chantilly, VA, Crystal City, VA, Huntsville, AL or Remote
Your returning internship assignment maybe be located 100% onsite in one of the Aerospace locations, be fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States or a hybrid work model and offer partially remote with some onsite work required.
What You'll Be Doing
- Assignments vary depending on the hiring organization, but you are applying to the same role for which you were an intern at Aerospace in 2023.
- You will likely participate with an interdisciplinary team in ongoing research or technical programs with academic collaboration partners
- Applies standard techniques and procedures to carry out a series of prescribed scientific and/or engineering tasks
- Training and mentorship will be provided
What Corporate Skills You'll Bring
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Possess organizational, time management and project management skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need
- Interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
What You Need to be Successful
- Currently enrolled full-time in an accredited college/university program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cyber/Cyber Security, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Intelligence Studies, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials, Physics. Software Engineering, and Systems Engineering, Business, Communications, Accounting and other related disciplines.
- Availability to work full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks outside of university term and ability to return to a degree program full-time after completion of the internship.
- 2023 internship at The Aerospace Corporation required
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Transcripts required
Temporary housing assistance is not available.
Aerospace coalition of leading space companies committed to collaboratively working toward a shared vision of expanding and diversifying opportunities for talent to join the exciting space industry. As part of this commitment, the Space Workforce 2030 companies have pledged to increase the number of females, diverse employees, and interns with a goal to hire at least 3,000 interns by the summer of 2030. Click here to learn more and register for the National Space Intern program.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The grade-based pay range for this job is listed below. Individual salaries within that range are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge and skills.
(Min - Mid - Max)
$25.00 - $35.00 - $46.00
Pay Basis: Hourly
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.