VS Execution Engineering Group Manager
On-Site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
In the role of Vehicle Systems Execution EGM, you will be responsible for a group of execution zone manufacturing engineers engaged in developing manufacturing processes, designing equipment/tooling, Integration of equipment, install into the plant, and manage to steady state. Requirements would include effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for a flawless execution. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering facility as well as assembly plant with an elevated level of independent judgment.
What You Will Do (Responsibilities)
- Managing of all new programs, model changes and current production.
- Define all areas of change, which include product and manufacturing requirements (tooling, workstation setup, facility and etc.)
- Lead and manage a team of manufacturing engineers to execute the above changes from conception to production. Manage all program finances and maintain budget requirements. Also be the one-point contact to the plant (Area Manager) and to the Program Manufacturing Chief Engineer
- Duties include manager a group of employees, mentor employees, develop and review goals, set direction of team, coverage of programs and issues, participate in new hire selection, and assess merit raises and promotions
- Efficient material flow understandings for future material movement
- Develop interfaces, and work with cross functional teams to develop / define common tooling and process across whole department and other groups
- Develop tooling SORs
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment and tools required in plants to produce high-quality parts.
- Support build events at the plant
- Address launch issues
- Work will involve managing day to day activities of a team of engineers (direct and indirect reports) and/or engineering supervisors, including setting objectives, managing results, and evaluating/coaching individual performance
- Program financials and group budgets
Your Skills And Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- 10+ years of manufacturing/engineering in General Assembly with 5 years launch experience
- 5+ years of experience in managing a team
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline
- Deep technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Deep knowledge and ability to implement GMS principles
- Thorough knowledge of Manufacturing Processes and Equipment. Also, the Global Launch Process and Vehicle Development Process.
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with highest level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Proven desire and ability to manage/coach performance of direct reports
This position is not eligible for ISP, ITAP or localization.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being-at work and at home-so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of unlawful discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications for each role and apply for any positions that match their skills and capabilities. Applicants in the recruitment process may be required, where applicable, to successfully complete a role-related assessment(s) and/or a pre-employment screening prior to beginning employment. To learn more, visit How we Hire
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement (U.S.)
General Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Accommodations (U.S. and Canada)
General Motors offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.