Chainlink Labs is the primary contributing developer of Chainlink, the decentralized computing platform powering the verifiable web. Chainlink is the industry-standard platform for providing access to real-world data, offchain computation, and secure cross-chain interoperability across any blockchain. Chainlink Labs helps power verifiable applications for banking, DeFi, global trade, and gaming by collaborating with some of the world’s largest financial institutions, notably Swift, DTCC, and ANZ. Chainlink Labs also works with top Web3 teams, including Aave, Compound, GMX, Maker, and Synthetix. Chainlink Labs was ranked in Newsweek’s 100 Most Loved Workplaces 2023 in both the United States and United Kingdom.
The Engineering Team
At Chainlink Labs, our engineering team pushes the scale and capabilities of decentralized applications across the industry. The Chainlink Network holds >70% market share in the oracle space, solving real-world problems by enabling smart contracts to securely interact with off-chain data/computation.
We value talented and driven craftsmen who work collaboratively to tackle complex challenges, deliver product impact, and grow as builders. Join us and shape the future of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
About the Role
The Infrastructure Node Operations TPM is primarily responsible for the engagement and management of our blockchain infrastructure vendors. They are experts on the current state of the blockchain infrastructure ecosystem - self-starters who are comfortable going-to-market to source new providers to help the team meet their reliability guarantees. They have an eye for making data-driven decisions and they will help the EM and Team to build processes ensuring that they can objectively evaluate a node provider's performance while holding the vendors to account when they fall below expectations.
- Stay-up-to-date with the state of blockchain infrastructure ecosystem and actively share knowledge with the team on new developments
- Be in-touch with the big-picture - The when/why/how when it comes to new projects that have blockchain infrastructure requirements e.g. SCALE
- Work with the EM and Team to create processes that enable the team to objectively evaluate blockchain infrastructure vendors
- Be the first-responder who can independently go-to-market to procure new infrastructure and/or vendors, establishing a communication channel
- Actively review blockchain infrastructure contractual agreements with the EM
- Actively hold our third-party blockchain infrastructure vendors to their contractual SLAs and be comfortable having tough conversations with them
- Be a pace-setter, providing regular status updates and blockers to their partnering EMs/teams
- Technical experience (was an SWE/SRE at some point)
- Strong communication skills (evidence of consistent & continuous communication with an ability to say No, comfortable with and enjoys distributing knowledge)
- Well organised (exp. using tools like JIRA while running multiple projects in parallel)
- Strong blockchain/web3 interest and/or experience
- Risk management
- Infrastructure capacity planning (cloud/on-premise) w/ experience working with third-party software vendors
- Familiarity with an Agile (SCRUM) team environment
- Remote-first working w/ a preference for async
- Leadership (coaching, mentorship, motivation)
All roles with Chainlink Labs are global and remote-based. Unless otherwise stated, we ask that you try to overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST). We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Chainlink Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants