Software Engineer - C++/Java/Linux/Android
Who We Are:
At Abalta Technologies, we specialize in mobility software solutions with expertise in connectivity, cloud backend and embedded device integration. Our expert teams create products and services that improve the user experience and respond to the complex needs of our global clients. We are pioneers in the navigation and mapping industry and have worked with over 60 global name brands since our inception.
Founded in 2003 and based in San Diego, Abalta Technologies is a global leader in software design and development. Abalta Technologies has a reputation for being extremely innovative and capable and we are seeking new team members who possess these same qualities. Our employees experience the excitement of working in a fast-growing and dynamic environment and the opportunity to explore new technical areas while also sharpening their existing skills on the many leading-edge solutions we develop for our customers. SiriusXM, Solera Smartdrive, Stellantis, Pioneer, Panasonic, JVCKenwood, Here, etc. are some of our customers and partners, to name a few.
We support our employees by providing a welcoming, diverse work environment with open communication, equality, accountability, mutual respect, and a great work-life balance.
We are looking for prospective engineers who are independent, genuinely curious, critical thinkers, driven to lead-learn-grow-deliver, and are aligned to our values.
About the project:
The project enables a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling audio entertainment experience for listeners -- in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. The vision of the project is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories, and music they love wherever they are.
The project provides a platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. These platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment, and podcasts. In addition to its audio entertainment businesses, it offers connected vehicle services to automakers.
How you'll make an impact:
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, and documenting software utilized in Multimedia streaming applications used in automotive systems and mobile devices.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of being a proactive contributor on embedded development teams, designing, implementing, and testing sophisticated software architectures. This position requires a detail-oriented individual that is a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
Technical skills you'll need:
- A BSEE or BSCS or equivalent degree is required. MSEE or MSCS or equivalent degree is preferred.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Must have1-3 years of recent experience in C++/Java in a Linux/Android environment
- Entry to mid-level relevant software development and validation experience. Acceptable focus areas include:
- Multimedia stack (Media players, firmware, drivers, etc.)
- Linux, QNX, Android, Android Automotive OS environments
- IP communications standards, mobile connectivity, audio streaming, and security/authentication methodologies.
- API design and development
- Libraries design and development.
- Android emulators, ADB
- Backend API design and development
- Must have experience writing code using modern programming concepts (lambda functions, functional patterns, frameworks, SDKs etc.)
- Expertise in object-oriented methodologies, and system software design concepts
- Experience in triaging issues through log analysis, code analysis, crash analysis and using various debugging tools.
- Experience with providing thorough, excellent, intuitive written and verbal reports on defect analysis.
- Experience in participating in formal documentation and code reviews, providing relevant and insightful feedback to team members, following coding guidelines.
- Experience with configuration management and defect tracking tools (Github, Jira)
- Experience with Hardware setup and testing
- Experience with Behavior Driven Design and Cucumber/Gherkin
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of QT/QML
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
- Working knowledge of XML, JSON, HTML
- Working knowledge with REST HTTP protocols
- Familiarity of formal software design and agile processes
- Familiarity with unit testing best practices.
- Familiarity with Windows OS, AWS services
Our team often communicates with customers directly. We require our team to have.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good public speaking and presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
Open communication and mutual respect are an integral part of our work culture. To be successful at Abalta you must have the ability to
- work harmoniously with peer developers and mentor newer team members.
- pay attention to details and be organized.
- demonstrate professionalism in all work settings.
- handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.