Check is leading a revolution in the payroll industry. Payroll is the backbone of the US economy, and yet it has not undergone significant innovation in decades. We invented the embedded payroll space to change that (see: Check: Solving the $150 Billion Payroll Problem, Bank On It; Episode 438), both for the business owners who spend countless hours per week running payroll and for the millions of Americans who depend on their next paycheck. At Check, our mission is to empower the most innovative software platforms to create new payroll businesses, and enable those businesses to transform the way companies pay their employees.
Check’s culture is intensely caring: to each other as teammates, to our partners, and to the businesses and workers we serve. Our teams are made up of creative problem solvers and empathetic cross-functional collaborators who can simplify the complexities of payroll. We bring hustle and grit to our day-to-day, while building enduring solutions and relationships.
Our mission at Check is to make paying people simple and our Implementation team plays a pivotal role in achieving this goal. We're searching for an Set Up Consultant to join us, bringing a service-oriented approach and expertise in customer onboarding and implementation. If you excel in cross-functional collaboration and process improvement, you're the right fit.
Payroll can be complicated, so we’re looking for an experienced payroll professional who wants to challenge themselves while working closely with our partners and their customers. This individual should have prior exposure to a fast-moving payroll SaaS environment with a customer service background. Experience with scaling processes and an ability to adapt will be critical as we ramp up our partner base while they ramp up their customer base.
In this role, you will:
- Work with our partners’ teams to deliver a timely, accurate, and reliable partner and customer implementation experience
- Manage deadlines (short-term and long-term) for various time-sensitive implementation tasks, including data migration, balancing, company activation, and data gathering for initial payroll processing
- Manage the conversion and establishment of new customer payroll accounts, re-establish accounts for returning customers, add employees and historical payroll data to all necessary Check systems
- Assist in the prioritization of personal and team daily workflow
- Drive operational efficiency and meet SLAs to ensure seamless company onboarding and payroll implementations
- Identify areas of opportunity and improvement for implementation specialist workflows and process documentation for quality and accuracy
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver a superior service experience as we and our partners grow
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will have:
- 2+ years of customer enrollment, onboarding and/or implementation experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience in a SaaS-based organization, preferably in payroll services
- Take pride in a high attention to detail, organization and task management, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment
- Proven ability to handle and prioritize multiple time-sensitive projects under competing deadlines, while maintaining both quantity and quality of work
- Strong focus on partners and customers, with excellent communication skills in both verbal and written formats
- Professional, highly knowledgeable, and friendly with a natural desire to help people
- Comfort in highly cross-functional environments, with a track record of collaborative work with Sales, Risk, Partner Success, and R&D teams
- Familiarity with Zendesk, MasterTax and other cloud based productivity tools are a plus
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and important. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on your first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents and flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $72,500 and $92,500 dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] with “accommodations” in the subject line.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.