- Work with a globally diverse set of teams SAP Basis, SAP Architecture, ABAP, SAP functional team members, Infrastructure team and other IT process partners providing security support for existing and new global clients.
- Provide support for SAP authorization strategy, design and execution in both production and non-production SAP systems.
- Act as a member of some cross-functional projects, and will be relied upon to answer complex questions, and assist with program wide initiatives.
- Provide input on technical strategy and best practices to support SAP solutions, provide SAP Government Risk and Compliance specific guidance for projects and process improvement initiatives and provide direction to Enterprise Resource Planning Center of Excellence teams for solution realization.
- Serve as contributor to authorization strategy and execution, and as subject matter expert for Government Risk and Compliance activities.
- Responsibilities include coordination of authorization technical support, driving improvement initiatives related to authorizations and supporting the business as a whole on the established authorization strategy.
- Must have Bachelor's degree (or its US equivalent) in Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Must have at least 5 years experience with SAP Authorizations Design and Support.
- Experience in supporting SAP User Access Review and in SAP SOD and Ruleset Design and support also required.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge in GRC v12 design and support and in SOX Audit Procedures.
- Telecommuting permitted. 40 hours per week:
- M-F: 9am-5pm
- Must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. For more information about personal rights under the U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment laws, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively.
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5, 2023, employees in office-based positions in the U.S. will be working a Hybrid work consisting of three total days on-site per week, generally Tuesday, Wednesday and either Monday or Thursday, although the specific days may vary by site or organization, with Friday designated as a remote-working day, unless business critical tasks require an on-site presence. This Hybrid work model does not apply to, and daily in-person attendance is required for, field-based positions; facility-based, manufacturing-based, or research-based positions where the work to be performed is located at a Company site; positions covered by a collective-bargaining agreement (unless the agreement provides for hybrid work); or any other position for which the Company has determined the job requirements cannot be reasonably met working remotely. Please note, this Hybrid work model guidance also does not apply to roles that have been designated as "remote".
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License: