As a Senior Software Engineer at Striveworks you’ll be challenged—and trusted—on day one to be a core contributor to the projects and direction of the company.
Chariot is used by customers to develop, deploy, and maintain production ML models. We’re looking for exemplary engineers with a product mindset, who can write quality code in Go and Python, and ultimately want to be core contributors to the direction of the company. You’re right for this challenge if you value and possess technical expertise and you push the boundaries of your own capabilities. You are outcome-driven, not requirements-driven. We’re looking for people who are excited about our core development themes:
- Everything as Code
- Cloud-neutral development
- Novel workflow orchestration
- Hexagonal, event-driven, microservice architecture
- Optimizing, deploying, and refining AI models and algorithms
The anticipated base pay range for this position is $190,000–$240,000/year. Striveworks’ total compensation package includes a competitive base salary, annual performance-based equity grants, and a lucrative yearly cash bonus.
This position offers a fully remote work environment, or you can work hybrid/onsite at our office in northwest Austin, TX.
The Right Fit
We spend a lot of time during our hiring process talking about shared values.
Why? We passionately believe that fostering an environment where people can self-actualize and pursue greatness is the best way to achieve our individual and collective goals.
What does this mean for you? We want to provide you with the conditions to thrive in an environment where you can achieve your goals, where you know the team shares your goals, and where you make and accept decisions for the team with humility. At Striveworks, we want your say/do ratio to be 1 and to know that being part of a top-tier team means that there is no smartest person in the room. If that makes sense, we’re already on the same page.
Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of hands on development experience
- Excellence in Go, C++ (17 or higher), Java (11 or higher), C# (9 or higher), or Rust
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with DevOps tooling: CI/CD tools, Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- Proven experience with cloud architecture: commercial cloud, OpenStack
- Experience in the design and development of performant, scalable services
- Familiarity with database design and architecture: relational and non-relational
- Ability to work cross-functionally and participate/lead in design discussions
- Independently leads the software development lifecycle from gathering requirements, design, implementation, and deployment
- Experience in knowledge sharing, mentoring or coaching (ie. onboarding, code reviews, lead junior engineers)
- Strong understanding of software development principles, such as object-oriented programming, design patterns and documentation, and agile methodologies
- Driven, self-directed personality
- Strong sense of mission and commitment to making a difference
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship (e.g. Permanent Resident, U.S. Citizen)
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field
The Wish List
We’re very interested in developers who possess the above qualifications, and we heavily appreciate and consider the addition of:
- Understanding of synchronous/asynchronous programming, concurrency
- Comfort with deep learning library (Tensorflow, Pytorch) integration
- Experience designing RESTful or GraphQL APIs
- Understanding of networked and distributed computing (gRPC)
- Knowledge of messaging systems, e.g. NATS, Kafka, RabbitMQ, or similar
- Experience with workflow automation
- Top-of-market salary and total compensation
- Generous equity plan
- Health/vision/dental insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Parental leave
Build, Deploy, and Maintain AI for an Unpredictable World
AI is driving a new Industrial Revolution. But most AI tools only work when the world looks the same tomorrow as it did yesterday. That's rarely the case.
Striveworks was formed to fix this problem. Our platform lets teams build AI models, deploy them into unpredictable environments, and watch them deliver trustworthy results—day after day. Our approach has transformed AI outcomes for organizations where failure is never an option. As a result, Striveworks was recognized as an exemplar in the National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence Final Report.
In 2023, Striveworks placed on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 as one of the most rapidly growing technology companies in North America. In 2024, Striveworks was honored with a Built In Best Places to Work award—for the third year running.
Striveworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity or expression), national origin, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factors. Striveworks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact Operations at [email protected].
Striveworks is a participating employer in the E-Verify program.