About the Role
As a senior member of our engineering team at NinjaOne, you will significantly contribute to our IT Operations product suite, designing and implementing scalable new solutions and platform improvements. Providing technical leadership, you will support existing functionality and contribute to new solutions. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work to develop high quality software applications that exceed our customers' expectations - seriously our customers love our products.
We are engineers, technology leaders and experts. We create and deliver mission critical services to enable NinjaOne's customers to administer, protect and maintain millions of endpoints and servers. You will have the opportunity to design and develop high-availability mission critical software systems that support our worldwide operations.
Location - we are flexible on remote working, if you are in the USA and in one of the following states: TX, FL, NC, GA, ME, CT, VA, KS and CA. NinjaOnehas physical offices in Austin, TX and Tampa, FL.
We hire the best software engineers, but experience in our stack can't hurt: NinjaOne is built on Java, Kotlin, C++, and Postgres, supporting millions of user endpoints and running as a scalable cloud service in AWS. Knowing large-scale datastore bottlenecks, asynchronous application design and client-server architecture will help you.
What You'll be Doing
- Development of Software Applications - use your expertise to help lead the development of large-scale software applications. Make quality an invariant part of your work and help your fellow engineers continue to meet our quality-first standards.
- Software Architecture & Leadership - be a voice in critical data architecture decisions for our products. Demonstrate best practices for software development, test enablement and code documentation. Identify iteration opportunities using data reported by our support teams.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years experience in Java and/ or C++ software development for product applications or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience working with highly scalable systems.
- Experience working on systems at scale and finding solutions to scale systems.
- Working knowledge of a breadth of OOP design principles.
- Expertise in scaling data structures and object-oriented design.
- Knowledge of API best practices and REST service development using frameworks like Jersey or Spring.
- Relational Database design and development experience.
- Caching systems expertise and experience with Redis will make you a stand-out.
- Expert knowledge of quality testing practices.
NinjaOne is a leading unified IT management solution that simplifies the way IT teams work. With NinjaOne, MSPs and IT departments can automate, manage, and remediate all their endpoint management tasks within one fast, modern, intuitive platform, improving technician efficiency and user satisfaction. NinjaOne supports over 10,000 customers around the world and is consistently ranked #1 for its world-class customer support. NinjaOne has been recognized as the best rated software in its category on G2 and Gartner Digital Markets for the past three years.
What You'll Love
We are a collaborative, kind, and curious community of technologists.
We honor your flexibility needs with full-time work that is fully remote.
We have you covered with our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We help you prepare for your financial future with our 401(k) plan.
We prioritize your work-life balance with our unlimited PTO.
We reward your work with opportunity for growth and advancement.
Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to location, market demands, experience, job-related knowledge, and skills. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage and PTO. For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $150,000 - $240,000 per year.