Senior Information Security Advisor - Corporate BISO at H-E-B (San Antonio, TX)
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 110,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Digital Technology Team collaborates to design, construct, implement, and support solutions across the enterprise.
As an Information Security Analyst, you'll collaborate with key H-E-B Partners on security programs used to implement corporate standards, procedures, and guidelines to align with various compliance and risk requirements.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... interpersonal skills to work with others?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... willingness to maintain / gain new technical knowledge?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... ability to advise on development / acquisition projects to ensure the best security-related outcomes?
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience as an IT professional
- professional security certification
What is the work?
- Assists in determination of requirements; recommends / implements / tests system security configurations and controls based on application of appropriate risk assessment methodologies
- Assists Project Managers in developing project plans, specifying goals, strategy, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, allotment of resources for each project phase
- Monitors / drives project results against technical specifications
Security / Administration:
- Performs security administration services for enterprise security systems (UNIX, Certificate Services, Firewall, Mainframe, Antivirus, Active Directory, etc.)
- Responds to information security requests, incidents, and trouble tickets according to defined SLA
- Participates in an on-call rotation for information security; resolves service outages within SLA
- Serves as active member of incident response teams; performs related forensic and investigation services
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity efforts
- Develops security processes / procedures; supports SLAs to ensure security controls are managed and maintained
- Plays advisory role in application development and acquisition projects to assess security requirements and controls; ensures security controls are implemented as planned
- Reports to H-E-B management on residual risk, vulnerabilities, other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance
- Works with information security leadership to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks
- Maintains job knowledge; participates in educational opportunities and professional organizations; stays current on professional publications; maintains personal networks
- Supports internal and external audits (e.g., PCI DSS, HIPAA)
- Provides monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc strategic / operational risk reporting and analytics for trending, risk assessment, compliance, and active exception reporting
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies / needs; researches info security standards; conducts system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
What is your background?
- A related degree or comparable formal training, certification, or work experience
- 2+ years of experience working full-time as an IT professional
- At least one professional security certification (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CEH, applicable SANs programs) or other industry certifications (e.g., Cisco, MSoft, VMware) (preferred)
- Experience with ticketing systems, including workflow, ticket routing, and resolution documentation
- Experience in Operations Center or Security Operations Center
- Experience in secure coding standards and application security, cyber supply chain risk management, emerging technology risk management, and threat model development / management
- Experience in project management
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an Information Security Analyst at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of securing UNIX, Linux, Windows OS family, TCP/IP, and networking technologies
- Familiarity with retail environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical and security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to understand the customer's perspective and tailor solutions according to H-E-B's security posture
- Ability to influence others
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car / plane with overnight stays
- Work extended hours, nights, weekends, and rotating shifts; sit for extended periods