Taskrabbit will never use text or chat applications to conduct interviews. We have a thoughtful and interactive interview process that includes an initial recruiter phone screen and several video-based interviews with our hiring teams. Communications will always be conducted by taskrabbit.com domain names.
Taskrabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more.
At Taskrabbit, we want to transform lives one task at a time. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
- Taskrabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the US and EU
- 5-time Best Places to Work in 2022 by BuiltIn. Including Best Companies in SF, Best Mid-Sized Companies, and Best Benefits
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About The Role:
Taskrabbit is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer to help lead the next phase of Taskrabbit’s growth.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will implement fault resistant, highly available infrastructure. You will assist and drive incidents, develop and implement processes and policies.
Join us in transforming lives, one task at a time.
What You’ll Work On:
- Building and maintaining CI / CD pipelines from scratch for testing and releasing configuration and software.
- Monitor and resolve issues in all environments using tools such as DataDog, PagerDuty, Pingdom.
- Engage in capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks, and scaling the environment as needed using DataDog and other tools.
- Design and implement zero-downtime to accomplish highly available service (99.9%).
- Ensure systems are secure against cyberthreats.
- Automate tasks and develop tools to increase engineering efficiency and visibility.
- Design and implement disaster recovery (DR) between different regions in cloud providers such as AWS.
- Manage web domain and certificates.
- Troubleshoot production and testing environment issues, including performance and function issues.
- Provide support to the organization through on-call, resolving issues and driving infrastructure changes.
- Identify, define and document system requirements and recommend solutions to management.
Your Areas of Expertise:
- At least 5+ years of experience in Infrastructure and DevOps Space.
- Experience with build automation and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef.)
- Strong knowledge of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem and other core AWS technologies, ElasticSearch Service, RDS, WAF, CloudFront, etc.
- You have worked with common infrastructure tools like Docker, Terraform, Helm
- Experience with a microservice architecture running in containers (Docker or other containerization technology)
- Experience supporting 24x7, high availability internet application environments that include web, application, and database servers and load balancing systems.
- Experience working with a product that has end-users
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- AWS Certification a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Software development background is a plus
- Experience in a startup environment is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
At Taskrabbit, our approach to compensation is designed to be competitive, transparent and equitable. total compensation consists of base pay + bonus + benefits + perks.
The base pay range for this position is $115,000 - $160,000. This range is representative of base pay only, and does not include any other total cash compensation amounts, such as company bonus or benefits. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above, and will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, geography, and level.
- Taskrabbit is a Remote-First Company. We value flexibility and choice but also stay committed to regular in-person connection.
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspired by action.
- The Diverse Culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up half of our leadership team and our diversity representation is above that of the tech industry average.
- The Perks. Taskrabbit offers US employees employer-paid health insurance and a 401k match with immediate vesting. Taskrabbit offers EU employees medical insurance. We offer all of our global employees, generous and flexible time off with 2 company-wide closure weeks, Taskrabbit product stipends, wellness + productivity + education stipends, IKEA discounts, reproductive health support, and more. Benefits vary by country of employment.
Taskrabbit’s commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
An Active Commitment to Equity within our Company and Platform.
We are an inclusive community where all who share our mission and values belong. Our anti-racist culture actively strengthens the knowledge, understanding, and awareness of underrepresented experiences and our ongoing allyship commitment. Our diverse team represents the communities we serve, breaking down systemic barriers, and transforming lives- one action at a time.
Taskrabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Taskrabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Taskrabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.