Senior Database Engineer
Restaurant365 is a SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back-office operations for restaurants. Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top-notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
The Senior Database Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of design, development, and delivery of database solutions. The position will develop and maintain high database development standards, do peer code review, and maintain high code quality. You should be able to collaborate with other team members and lend support to business/technology teams as necessary during the SDLC process to ensure robust and scalable solutions. Qualified candidates will demonstrate immediate applicable technical aptitude as well as a propensity for learning new tools and techniques quickly in a fast-paced environment.
How you'll add value:
- Evaluate and advise on database software purchases.
- Create and maintain development standards, design, and process flow documents for database development and maintenance.
- Basic DBA fundamentals, updating systems when necessary, and comfortable working with database backups.
- Working with AWS & Azure services, including S3, Azure blob and RDS.
- Provide day-to-day support and maintenance for PostgreSQL, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2016/2019 instances. This includes, but is not limited to: administration, analysis, support, proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, recoverability, failover, security, installation, and design.
- Work closely with Engineering and DevOps teams on improving code deployments.
- Work with Engineering and DevOps teams to automate reactive procedures and promote rapid response to database issues.
- Monitor ongoing capacity and implement design and architecture changes as needed to improve global availability, while being cost-conscious.
- Participate in bi-weekly after-hours release window.
- Participate in on-call rotation, including be available for escalations off-hours.
- Database development including:
- Other duties as assigned.
o Develop and maintain high database development standards.
o Do code review/s and ensure high code quality.
o Work with business/technology teams to support database development, including fixing performance issues.
o Ensuring integrity of Production Master Branch.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, exceptional communication skills.
- Strong remote team leadership qualities with ability to work independently and across many time zones and outsource partners.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced, continually changing, dynamic environment.
- Keeps a strong client focus in executing all functions of the job.
- Communicates effectively and responds to internal emails and inquiries within reasonable timeframes.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, as well as independently with limited supervision.
- Behaves respectfully to others in the workplace. If you are super fun – even better!
- Proficient knowledge of database technologies.
- Develop, document, and enforce standards for access to the databases and servers.
- Experience improving overall performance, reliability, and health of database servers.
- Extensive experience with DMVs, execution plans, SQL profiler, and other SQL monitoring and debugging tools.
- Familiarity with industry best practices for maintaining database and server configurations.
- Logical and detail-oriented approach to work.
- CS Degree or related experience.
- 8+ yrs. of database engineering experience.
- Cloud Technology: AWS, Azure
- o GCP a plus (not required)
- Microsoft SQL server, Postgresql (RDS)
- o Tools and technologies: SSRS, SSIS, SSMS
- Confluence, JIRA
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- RedGate SQL Monitor, SolarWinds DPA
- Extensive DBA background
- Disaster recovery planning, testing, maintenance
- o SQL Server Always On Availability
- SSAS experience
- Data models
- Azure CosmosDB
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Compensation: Restaurant365 focuses on equitable pay for our team and aims for transparency with our pay practices. This position has a salary range of $100K-$136K. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors, including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic location.
- Ability to work remote or hybrid
- Comprehensive medical benefits, 100% paid for employee
- 401k + matching
- Equity Option Grant
- Unlimited PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
Along with the compensation we provide the following marketing leading benefits and perks:
Why join our amazing team?
- We're a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide
- The open concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication
R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward-thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.