Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 19,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, First Round Capital, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Candidate Interview Guide
Senior Business Intelligence Associate
As a Senior Business Intelligence Associate at Alma, you will help the BI team and Alma accomplish its mission of providing accessible and affordable mental health care. You will do this by analyzing, designing, building, and growing our reporting and insights. You will support the BI vision to become the go-to resource for reporting on Alma’s business data and will be responsible for creating reporting that is accurate, accessible, understandable, and impactful, supporting our strategy to consolidate reporting from manual, time-intensive work to more centralized and accessible sources that empower stakeholders with data on demand.
You should thrive in the opportunity to provide data-driven solutions to challenging business questions, translating complex data, both quantitative and qualitative, from a variety of sources into actionable and impactful insights. The role will be highly cross-functional, working in a centralized Business Intelligence team and collaborating across teams to execute key projects.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain interactive reports and dashboards from multiple data sources
- Analyze historical data to create impactful insights and provide actionable recommendations to key priorities for stakeholders at all levels
- Develop a deep understanding of Alma’s business and data to empower more effective decisions
- Proactively identify opportunities for increased efficiency in current processes
- Support and execute the BI team's mission and strategy
- Act as a liaison for data between the business and Data Engineering to help advocate for and prioritize improvements in our data capabilities
Who you are:
- You have 2-5 years of experience working in data analytics, preferably used to embracing change in a high-growth start up environment
- You are fluent in SQL, as you’ll need to use SQL daily and at an intermediate level to query data directly from our data warehouse
- You have experience working with Google Sheets and/or Excel
- You are naturally curious and a self-starter who makes a habit of asking questions and solving ambiguous problems by analyzing and using data with great attention to detail
- You can communicate complex concepts to a variety of stakeholders
- Familiarity with building and implementing reporting in BI tools, such as Looker and Metabase, is preferred but not required
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA & HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Flexible PTO
Salary Band: $95,000 - $120,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level & role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.