Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company. This role is open to remote candidates anywhere in Germany.
Are you passionate about engaging with customers and have experience with software retention? Do you enjoy working in smaller teams, while also being part of a company that's experiencing phenomenal growth? Our mission is to “maximize revenue retention with a focus on strategic migration and expansion efforts while providing a seamless customer experience that ensures continued health and loyalty.” If this interests you, then read on!
Our Customer Retention Specialists educate our customers on the benefits of Atlassian software. You'll increase retention rates through pro-active, strategic outreach to our largest 10% of customers. You have a discovery mindset and actively look for ways to promote growth and expansion within your accounts. You will drive renewal and expansion transactions across Atlassian’s full product portfolio through proactively engaging high-value renewals, uncovering expansion and migration opportunities, and overcoming objections. You will collaborate with our sales teams to support Account Planning and Quoting activities, as well as with Channel partners on account strategy and deals. You'll be first to understand why some customers stay, and some customers churn and be responsible for sharing that insight with the company.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Maximize customer retention rates through effective inside sales techniques over the phone, video and email while also minimizing customer churn
- Manage renewals across different products and platforms
- Increase customer awareness of Atlassian's product portfolio to identify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities during the renewals cycle
- Maintain a deep understanding of product updates and new offerings and articulates those improvements to customers and our solution partners
- Maintain a consistently healthy pipeline by tracking sales and renewal activities, customer data and customers' status within internal systems (Salesforce.com)
- Be responsible for customer relationships throughout the renewal lifecycle
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Three or more years experience in account management, software renewals, customer success or another relevant business area
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance goals
- The ability to be decisive and prioritize among competing opportunities
- Enjoy being a team player; collaborating with internal and external parties to reduce churn and expand customer base
- A discovery mindset and the ability to be curious and uncover opportunities for expansion
- Excellent communication skills in both English and German, written and spoken
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Understanding of the DACH market, ideally in the SAAS industry
- Experience in selling or renewing in the SaaS industry
- Experience with CRM software and video conferencing
- Experience in discovering upsell & cross-sell opportunities
More about the team
The Customer Retention team is focused on maximizing revenue retention, with a focus on strategic migration and expansion efforts, all while providing a seamless customer experience that ensures continued loyalty. We are comprised of hard-working, passionate and fun-loving people, specialized in Atlassian's full suite of products and services. We have shared performance metrics and goals to inspire collaboration and teamwork, but, above all, we believe in the Atlassian values and want to use them as our compass in constantly refining and optimizing our non-traditional retention model.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.