Head of Sales & Strategy, Energy at VORTO (Greater Denver Area)
Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? We are looking for a Head of Sales & Strategy, Energy, to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain.
As the Head of Sales & Strategy, Energy, you will be the driver of growth and a key point of contact with oil and gas clients to help them solve complex freight delivery logistic issues by leveraging the Vorto platform. You will identify and meet with potential and existing clients to understand their challenges, articulate the Vorto value proposition to clients, work cross-functionally to continuously develop the Vorto value proposition, and deliver long-term solutions that will drive positive results to their bottom line.
If you are someone who enjoys working at a fast-paced organization, understands SaaS technologies as well as platform dynamics, and up for the challenge of selling a new and innovative suite of solutions, then come and talk to us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive a growth strategy in the energy sector, working cross-functionally with product/development, accounting/finance and HR organizations
- Identify prospective clients and establish and expand new business relationships
- Identify, develop and lead the execution of new opportunities with existing clients
- Position requires as much domestic travel as needed to successfully execute responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional understanding of the O&G logistics value chain
- Ability to influence prospective clients and stakeholders on key business decisions
- Have solid relationships within oil and gas sector in order to hit the ground running
- Proven ability to learn new technology and product capabilities
- Ability to work independently, overcome objections, and problem solve
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Unstoppable work ethic with a track record of exceeding sales targets
- Strong understanding of oil and gas technology infrastructure and processes
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of proven sales experience
- 5+ years of O&G supply chain & logistics experience
- 5+ years of frac operations experience
- Strong presentation skills and experience selling to senior management/C-Suite
- Experience in complex technical sales situations
- Position requires 50-75% domestic travel
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flex and Health Savings Plans
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or RTD pass
- Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free or discounted legal program
- Product & Services Discount Program
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, & drinks
- We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.