Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 75 of the world's leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are in the process of obtaining our B Corp certification, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Sales Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and for the planet.
What you will contribute:
The Sales Engineer will be the subject matter expert who evangelizes the value of Uplight's solutions, supporting sales executives during all stages of the sales process. As the technical customer facing sales person, the Sales Engineer is responsible for ensuring that customer business and technical requirements are discovered and understood, to deliver one unified vision of the engineering, strategic, and market value of Uplight's solutions to the customer via presentations, demonstrations, and direct interactions.
What you get to do:
- Serve as the technical expert across all facets of the sales process, from initial discovery and product evaluation to the final contract negotiation.
- Assess customer business requirements and key pain points, and work closely with the solution/product/sales squads to design solutions that deliver compelling ROI.
- Provide software demonstrations that align closely with key customer pain points and needs, including customizing data or experience to match.
- Aid in the preparation of client proposals, RFx responses, and Statements of Work (SOW) in conjunction with the Sales Executive, Customer Success Leads, & Product squads.
- Develop teachable insights, value propositions, scripts and use cases that reflect sales drivers and key win themes to effectively position our software platform.
- Support the on-going technical training of the sales team.
- Provide product squads feedback about market trends and software development needs.
- Travel is required for this position up to 30% of the time.
What you bring to Uplight:
- BA/BS with 5+ years experience in utility and/or management consulting
- Experience with presales or sales supporting SaaS and/or enterprise software solutions.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to lead the technical discovery phase with clients during all stages of the sales cycle
- Ability to lead technical discussions regarding our solution's capabilities and integrations
- Value engineering and value at risk calculation to create a compelling business case.
- Collaborative, thorough, strategic, responsive, proactive and works well in a team.
- Experience in the energy and/or utilities industries
- Excel at working with prospects and clients to understand their needs, manage relationships, and deliver solutions to meet their needs.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Uplight we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $108,000 to $130,000 USD
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.