Risk Manager, US Card Credit Intent Program Lead
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Risk Manager, US Card Credit Intent Program Lead
Title: Risk Manager, US Card Credit Intent Program Lead
Job Family: Risk
The US Card Credit Intent Program Lead will have the opportunity to own US Card's first line transaction testing program of credit underwriting intent. This unique role sits in Card Risk and drives accurate and consistent credit policy documentation and execution across all US Card credit programs. The Risk Manager will oversee manual Transaction Testing which samples historical card applications and customer management activities to determine if the customer received the intended outcome. In addition, this role will begin integrating automated testing into a more holistic execution monitoring control suite. This role will define best practices and advise credit program teams on documenting complex credit policies and will seek ways to optimize testing efforts to increase testing efficiency. The ideal candidate is someone who is analytical, ambitious, loves to learn, appreciates the intersection of business and risk, and excels at managing diverse stakeholders.
- Lead manual Transaction Testing program for US Card credit programs. This program consists of centralizing testing within Card Risk and federated testing by the Segment teams
- Create holistic intent=execution credit policy program by integrating automated testing into existing manual testing control suite
- Manage 2 Senior Associate testers who perform centralized Transaction Testing by testing on behalf of credit programs, identifying issues and developing remediation plans
- Monitor Transaction Testing performed by credit program Business Analysts to ensure timely completion and adherence to Transaction Testing procedure documentation
- Develop standards and best practices for documentation and testing through collaboration with business teams, data providers and risk partners
- Produce management reports on intent documentation gaps, testing results and remediation plans
- Escalate issues to senior leadership with direct team and support remediation efforts with business and data teams
- Support audits, exams, and assessments on intent documentation Transaction Testing conducted by Credit Risk Management, Credit Review and regulators
- Strong analytical, strategic, and interpersonal skills are a must for the role
- Participate in and execute other special projects for the team on a periodic basis
- Ability to set direction, manage expectations and lead cross-functional teams
- At least a Bachelor's Degree or Military experience with at least 1 year of Risk Management experience OR at least 5 years of Risk Management experience
- At least 1 year of People Management experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- Masters Degree
- 5+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional project and programs in Risk
- 3+ years of Financial Services Risk Management experience
- 2+ years of People Management experience
- 2+ years of management consulting or risk consulting experience
- 1+ year of experience in or supporting a credit card line of business
- 1+ year of experience in responding to and interacting with internal audit or regulatory agencies
- Risk Management (ABA, GARP) certifications
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).