Are you obsessed with data, partner success, taking action, and changing the game? If you have a whole lot of hustle and a touch of nerd, come work with Pattern! We want you to use your skills to push one of the fastest-growing companies in the US to the top of the list.
Pattern is the premier partner for global ecommerce acceleration and is headquartered in Utah's Silicon Slopes tech hub—with offices in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America. Valued at $2 billion, Pattern has been named one of the fastest growing tech companies in North America by Deloitte and one of best-led companies in America by Inc. More than 100 global brands—like Nestle, Sylvania, Kong, Panasonic, Sorel, Skullcandy, and Popsockets—rely on Pattern's global ecommerce acceleration platform to scale their business around the world. We place employee experience at the center of our business model and have been recognized as one of America's Most Loved Workplaces®.
We need a Technical Project Manager to manage tasks and articulate detailed feature sets to a small, dynamic team of software engineers. This is a full-time role and will work at our office in Lehi, UT.
What is a day in the life of a Technical Project Manager?
- Dictate tasks and articulate feature sets that are received from the Client Success team to a team of software engineers
- Filter, prioritize, and document tasks and tickets in order of importance
- Hold daily standups with the software engineering team
- Interface regularly with clients on needs that arise
What will I need to thrive in this role?
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in project/product management
- An understanding of the software development process, as well as current programs, languages, and engineering vocabulary
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills with internal stakeholders including Software Development, Client Success and Leadership teams
- Experience working with offshore teams of developers
What does high performance look like?
- You follow through with all assignments in a timely manner
- You give 100% to all tasks and projects you are given
- You will take full ownership of your projects and follow through to completion
- You have experience with wireframing and working with flows before passing them to engineering
- You are able to work without a lot of knowledge, and can approach tasks with an equal amount of strategic vision and hands-on execution
What is my potential for career growth?
You will be introduced to expansive and accelerated opportunities for career growth. You will regularly meet with and have exposure to the executive over your team, as well as the Head of Engineering and the Head of Client Success. This role has the potential to move into higher positions of leadership within the company, including the eventual opportunity to work as a key leader for all of Product on your team at Pattern.
What does success look like in the first 30, 60, and 90 days?
After onboarding and training on our existing projects and systems you will jump right in and take ownership of tasks, feature requests, and support for our existing customers. We believe the best way to integrate with the team is by doing! Initially you will work closely with other team members, including the Heads of Engineering and Client Success, to learn more about the team, product, and role. By 60 days you will be independently dictating tasks and managing timelines, and by 90 days you will help support other new hires and more junior team members.
What is the team like?
The team is comprised of three software engineers, including the Director of Engineering, with whom you will interact regularly. In addition to our US team, there is also an offshore team of three more engineers, with whom you will work occasionally. You will work cross-functionally with Client Success, as well as occasionally Sales and Talent Acquisition. The team is relatively small, dynamic, and tight-knit, and you will be a critical component of it.
Sounds great! What is the company culture?
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Game Changers - A game changer is someone who looks at problems with an open mind and shares new ideas with team members, regularly reassesses existing plans and attaches a realistic timeline to goals, makes profitable, productive, and innovative contributions, and actively pursues improvements to Pattern’s processes and outcomes.
- Data Fanatics - A data fanatic is someone who recognizes problems and seeks to understand them through data, draws unbiased conclusions based on data that lead to actionable solutions, and continues to track the effects of the solutions using data.
- Partner Obsessed - An individual who is partner obsessed clearly explains the status of projects to partners and relies on constructive feedback, actively listens to partner’s expectations, and delivers results that exceed them, prioritizes the needs of your partners, and takes the time to create a personable experience for those interacting with Pattern.
- Team of Doers - Someone who is a part of team of doers uplifts team members and recognizes their specific contributions, takes initiative to help in any circumstance, actively contributes to supporting improvements, and holds themselves accountable to the team as well as to partners.
What is the hiring process?
- Initial phone interview with Pattern's talent acquisition team
- Video technical interview/assessment with a hiring manager
- Onsite/video interview with other department leaders
- Professional reference checks
- Executive review
How can I stand out as an applicant?
- Be prepared to talk about professional accomplishments with specific data to quantify examples
- Be ready to talk about how you can add value and be the best addition to the team
- Focus on mentioning how you would be partner obsessed at Pattern
- Be prepared to talk about any side projects related to data and analytics
Why should I work at Pattern?
Pattern offers big opportunities to make a difference in the e-commerce industry! We are a company full of talented people that evolves quickly and often. We set big goals, work tirelessly to achieve them, and we love our Pattern community. We also believe in having fun and balancing our lives, so we offer awesome benefits that include:
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Casual Dress Code
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
Pattern provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.