Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for a Technical Program Manager with experience working in an R&D or machine learning environment. Part of Wing’s Program Management group, you’ll embed yourself in the work of the Flight Automation and Systems Engineering groups to drive cross-functional delivery of strategic and high value programs spanning the entire spectrum of Wing’s on board software and hardware.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Flight Autonomous software teams to develop objectives, test plans and map interdependencies across various sub technology areas including computer vision systems, simulation systems, guidance and path planning systems.
- Work with the Systems Engineering team to help develop processes for interdisciplinary projects, gather requirements for new engineering initiatives and shepherd projects through planning, design and deployment.
- Manage cross-functional engineering projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas while providing integrated and consolidated program views and statuses to senior leadership.
- Develop detailed implementation plans, maintain alignment, and monitor program status across multiple activities to reduce or remove dependencies.
- Maintain a strong understanding of your program and influence the technical direction of their engagement.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience. Experience with the Agile way of working.
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment.
- Experience working with teams or managing products that leverage machine learning, or computer vision.
- Experience working with Systems Engineering teams through all phases of the SDLC life cycle.