Sr Agile Program Manager (STE) at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
This role is responsible for managing one or more large complex agile release trains acting in the role of the Solutions Train Engineer (STE). Also able to manage complex enterprise-wide programs that are not executing within an Agile or SAFe Framework. Enables teams to successfully deliver and coaches team to adjust project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. Resolves cross-functional issues across multiple organizations and ARTs. Facilitates planning sessions, other SAFe ceremonies, and any additional executive meetings required. Provides coaching for the agile release train or program team to improve the value delivery of the team over time. Requires extensive experience as an RTE, and is recognized as a subject matter expert in SAFe as well as in traditional program management.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Facilitates the overall program strategy, roadmap, backlog of features, and project plans if needed, potentially across a Solution Train or multiple agile release trains.
- Ensures execution of delivery and guides the team to adjust project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. May also coordinate with multiple RTEs and program managers to ensure large complex solution delivery.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and mentor to other RTEs and STEs, scrum masters, product owners, project managers and product managers to educate and assist them with implementing processes and making improvement/changes.
- Accountable for the execution of established SAFe or project management processes and methodologies to ensure delivery of project scope on time and within budget while meeting or exceeding quality standards and customer expectations. Accountable for facilitating planning sessions, guiding work efforts, reviewing integrated roadmaps and project plans, escalating and communicating resource needs, ensuring completion of quality reviews, and driving the resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Communicates with leadership and other stakeholders on program execution, direction and changes. Leads executive reviews and manages executive level issues.
- Responsible for enabling teams to meet their commitments by helping to identify and resolve issues, and by making sure dependencies and risks are managed and resolved.
- For traditional programs, responsible for delivering all projects contained in the project portfolio on time, within budget and meeting the strategic and business requirements.
- Responsible for tracking key milestones and recommending adjustments to the team.
- Partners with senior leadership of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to work independently with no supervision and guidance
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to define key performance indicators/metrics
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret data
- Ability to show judgement and initiative to accomplish job duties
- Ability to document, prepare, and deliver data-driven presentations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and company personnel
- Ability to influence internal and external key stakeholders and build consensus
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Expert mentoring and coaching skills in SAFe and agile frameworks
- Expert RTE and scrum master ability
- Expert ability to oversee and manage large, complex, diverse and strategic programs or solutions that impact the organization as a whole
- Expert ability in implementing program and project plans and monitor progress, resource usage and quality
- Expert level understanding and ability to manage complex program and project budgets
- Expert level knowledge in conducting risk assessments and developing plans for eliminating or mitigating the risks identified
- Expert knowledge and experience with SAFe and agile tools
- Effective facilitation skills for large groups of people in multiple locations
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
Certifications in SAFe for Scrum Masters and SAFe for RTEs
Required Related Work Experience
3 years Prior Release Train Engineer Experience
1 year Prior experience as a Solutions Train Engineer
8+ years Scrum Master Experience
8+ years Project Management experience
10 years IT or Engineering work experience
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) Certification
Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum
Office and Virtual Environment EGN707 307729 307729BR