Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Senior Operations Program Manager to boost effectiveness within our leadership teams and to drive substantial business outcomes within Atlassian.
In this high-impact role, you will operate in a very fast-moving environment, juggling a variety of diverse responsibilities - operational, logistical, and strategic. You will be a trusted advisor to one of the four most senior operational leaders in Atlassian's Customer Support Services (CSS) department. You will own operating rituals/ cadences, continuously seeking to improve quality and effectiveness. You will drive complex projects, develop internal communications, and build new processes from scratch. You will be seen as a go-to teammate - always one step ahead, anticipating needs.
As the ideal Senior Operations Program Manager, you are a self-starter and passionate problem solver. You have strong interpersonal skills, exercise excellent judgment, and excel at developing trusted partnerships with senior leaders and cross-functional teams. You're exceptional at multi-tasking, and renowned for getting things done - with high quality. You're highly curious, driven, and bring a positive-outlook to your work. You are a reliable, thoughtful teammate, and an excellent collaborator.
Are you ready to amplify an amazing leadership team and organization? We need you!
In this role, you will:
- Drive efforts to increase effectiveness of our operational leadership teams (e.g. diagnosing team pain points and executing changes to address, creating scalable processes, strengthening decision-making, anticipating needs, improving access to information).
- Establish and drive operational cadences and calendars (e.g. running weekly leadership meetings, quarterly health monitors, retrospectives, multi-day leadership meetings) and continuously seek new ways to make processes run smoother.
- Run complex projects, as needed, ranging from highly strategic to highly operational. In some situations, you may be asked to drive the work from ideation through completion; in other situations, you may be asked to advise/ coach others to execute.
- Support various budget and administrative responsibilities (e.g. identifying and bringing on new vendors, executing team appreciation plans, validating approved headcount details).
- Run monthly/ quarterly business reviews, continuously seeking ways to improve content curation (e.g. coaching leaders on the quality of content, proposing new ways to present information).
- Partner with our internal communications leads on internal communications (e.g. blogs, town halls, presentations) to foster connections and cascade key information across our global team.
- Keep a pulse on in-flight and upcoming projects and programs that may have an impact on this area of the business, proactively providing insights to leaders and teams who need to be made aware.
- Help to develop business and operational strategies by leading brainstorming sessions, asking thoughtful questions, and helping to craft the plan.
- Be asked to travel to one of our Atlassian offices occasionally, but no more than once each quarter.
- You excel at creating trusted partnerships with senior leaders. You are known for your proactive communication, considered decision making, and thoughtful escalations. You are experienced in handling sensetive information with professionalism and caution.
- You are a self-starter, with a high degree of motivation to go above and beyond the task at hand. You learn quickly to be impactful in new areas and to keep pace with rapid growth and evolution.
- You thrive in ambiguity, are a champion of change, and are highly adaptable. You can take a nebulous assignment and deliver value quickly, swiftly turning information and questions into action.
- You are highly driven to deliver outcomes. You own the success, failures, and lessons of the work you lead; you inspire and influence cross-functional teams with confidence. You value high-quality work with strong attention to detail and have a track record of delivering both.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to influence colleagues at all levels. As an individual contributor, you will rely on lots of other people to help define and execute plans. Others seek your mentorship on communicating and engaging with stakeholders.
- You have exceptional organization skills and enjoy bringing order to disorder. You love to create new structures, frameworks, and processes from scratch, and ensure activities run optimally.
- You are known for juggling multiple priorities simultaneously with success. You are highly effective at prioritizing your own work, identifying relative impact and urgency across a variety of responsibilities. You are renowned for getting things done; you are trust-worthy and reliable.
- You are well-versed in creating cohesion among teams and departments, connecting dots across the organization for improved alignment and engagement. You have an infectious need to help those around you! You're a mentor, multiplier, and awesome teammate. You engender a collaborative environment, bringing teammates together to solve problems.
- You are a passionate problem-solver, creative thinker, and regularly exercise good judgement when planning the best path forward. When encountering a problem, you come up with multiple solutions, weigh tradeoffs and efforts, and propose recommendations.
- You have the ability to think strategically, but are also the curiosity to learn and dive into all levels of detailto deliver the most impactful insights and recommendations. You combine curiosity, judgment, and drive, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause. You value diverse perspectives when developing solutions.
On your first day, you'll bring:
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in consulting, program management, strategy, or business operations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present ideas with clarity, brevity and at the right level of detail for the audience.
- Strategic mindset and effective problem-solving skills, with ability to simplify complex information quickly and employ structured thinking to frame decisions.
- Experience building initiatives from scratch, developing research-informed strategies, and crafting implementation plans. A strong track-record of delivering high quality, on-time, results.
- Curiosity, enthusiasm to learn, and a strong willingness to adapt and preserver through difficulties.
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast-changing environment.
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience driving change management across a large, globally distributed organization.
- Experience planning events and meetings at scale.
- Basic analytic skills in Excel or Google Sheets; analytical rigor, drive to support decisions with data, and ability to make data digestible to diverse audiences.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .