Project Manager at Capital One (New York City, NY)
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
External Affairs works with many external and internal stakeholders to envision and create a world of greater socioeconomic opportunity through advocating for an inclusive society, building thriving communities, and creating financial tools that enrich lives. Our teams include Communications, Community Impact and Investment, Community Finance, CRA Strategy and Program Management, the Government and Political Affairs Group, Regulatory Relations, and Strategy and Engagement. Through our teams, we have access to a diverse group of motivated changemakers similarly focused on the ingredients for a better future.
The External Affairs Strategy and Engagement team leads substantive and significant projects and activities to deliver value across the department and the company. Our work is diverse and wide-ranging, but focused on providing material support to the mission, identity, and strategic goals of the enterprise. Joining this team will challenge and diversify your purpose and perspectives. Our work isn't easy and the bar is high, but the impact of success will be far-reaching and tangible.
Capital One's External Affairs Strategy and Engagement team is looking for a Project Manager to lead substantive and significant work that provides material support to the mission, identity, and strategic goals of the enterprise.
This job might be good for you if:
- You are a transparent and motivated ambassador for the work of your team through in-person discussions and presentations delivered to audiences of varying size and seniority
- Your influence and impact extends beyond the boundaries of your team through leadership without authority
- You are a keen and perpetual student of project management frameworks and applying them appropriately in different situations
- You enjoy thoughtfully implementing those frameworks to add efficiency without impeding creativity
- You enjoy being on a team whose impact is truly greater than the sum of its parts
- You get bored always working on the same type of projects
A typical day includes:
- Taking mission-aligned opportunities for Capital One and making them a reality through execution
- Working with early-lifecycle opportunities, adding definition to their scope and objectives to turn them into tangible and purposeful delivery opportunities
- Managing large and small scale projects that have been prioritized by the organization
- Establishing appropriate governance over work as it matures to facilitate its progress, maintain the motivation of the team and to keep its stakeholders up to date
- Influencing and motivating a broad array of internal partners to collaborate with External Affairs in growing and demonstrating Capital One's corporate identity and mission orientation to external communities
- Serving as a strategic advisor supporting the day-to-day and longer-term objectives of the External Affairs organization
- Serving as a subject matter expert in External Affairs on the execution of strategic initiatives in a well-managed, sustainable way
- Identifying ways to improve, plan, design and manage project plans and processes
- Hanging out with wonderful people and enjoying the vibe and buzz from being a part of an awesome team
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in project management, process management or delivery using a range of different delivery methodologies
- Experience working with nonprofits on social impact projects or with start-ups
- Formal project management certifications or qualifications
- Master's degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $147,800 - $168,700 for Manager, Project Management
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).