Project Manager Senior - Technology (Infrastructure) at FIS (Birmingham, AL)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The role of the FIS Omni Application Services Provider (ASP) is to host FIS developed Omni applications for external clients. Services include the hosting and support of Omni applications on Windows, AIX and Linux platforms, monitoring and execution of job schedules / nightly cycles, application upgrades and 24 x 7 production support. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, creative, and passionate.
What you will be doing:
The Project Manager will be a member of the Omni Application Services Provider (ASP) team. You will be responsible for all aspects of assigned projects. These projects include new client implementations, satisfying infrastructure mandates, and implementing application upgrades. The Project Management role will involve day-to-day interaction with a variety of roles including both internal and external customers, client support teams and corporate infrastructure resources.
- Coordinate all aspects of technical projects for ASP hosted applications and infrastructure
- Identify contractual obligations, and current state
- Ensure deliverables for internal technology projects align to operational standards
- Work closely with team management to determine priorities, assignments and resolve issues
- Initiate and monitor workflow
- Partner with the customer, professional services, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams
- Identify and resolve, or escalate, risks and issues
- Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Familiarity with all or portions of, the Omni suite of products
- Strong organizational, team, technical, and communication skills
- Ability and desire to multitask
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Demonstrate initiative
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings or weekends as needed for special projects
Added bonus if you have:
- Project management certification - particularly ITIL
- Retirement Systems Industry experience
- Exposure to web design concepts
- Exposure to batch design concepts
- Basic knowledge of network connectivity such as firewalls, SFTP processes, VPN and dedicated circuits
- Desire to share and introduce best practices
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.