PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation Studios sits within Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), it’s the division responsible for creating our own outstanding and immersive games. PlayStation Studios is comprised of 13 in-house studios, partnerships with talented and hardworking independent studios and specialized central teams that together build some of the greatest gaming experiences ever made.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join PlayStation Studios’ Business Management team. Part of the Business Management team’s remit is handling the PlayStation Studios’ project portfolio, a diverse range of projects from COVID business readiness to rebranding. This position will be based out of PlayStation's HQ in San Mateo, CA.What you’ll be doing:
- Delivering PlayStation Studios projects
- Provide support to the Business Management Project Manager on larger projects
- Assist in scoping and prioritizing project proposals
- Handling specific workstreams
- Own and deliver your own portfolio of projects
- Maintaining project documentation
- Leading project meetings and running project communications
- Maintain relationships with project partners (e.g. Studios, management, Business Operations, external suppliers)
- Studio acquisition integration projects
- Lead the execution of the integration plan, onboarding new studios to PlayStation Studios policies, ways of working and systems
- Day-to-day management of integration activities, ensuring that key achievements are achieved on time
- Be the key point of contact for all integration queries and partner concerns
- Lead integration change and communication activities
- Manage workstream leads ensuring that they are delivering against the key project achievements and are considering the inter-dependencies of their work with other workstreams
- Raise integration issues for resolution when identified
- Produce regular status reporting and performance metrics
- Lead the schedule of weekly status and monthly governance meetings
- Identify risks regarding integration and propose mitigation actions
- Strategic Support
- Provide support to the Head of Business Management and Project Manager with varied and cyclical tasks, such as leadership requests and annual budgeting
- Bachelors Degree
- 4+ years’ experience delivering projects within large, international organizations
- Experience of post-merger integration projects
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel and project management methodologies
- Exceptional research and reporting skills
- A track record of engaging partners across multiple departments and teams, balancing diplomacy and tact with assertiveness
- Proven experience collaborating with global teams in across different timezones
- Have the communication skills – written and verbal – to get results in this global team, often working with senior partners
- Can think pragmatically, identifying interconnected issues and solving problems
- Are pro-active, extremely organized and able to deal with ambiguity
- Can prioritize and deliver multiple projects in parallel
- PlayStation fan
- Project Management Certification
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.