Program Manager at Verisk (Provo, UT)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
- Oversee and drive the efforts of multiple Project managers, project teams, and subject matter experts on all associated activities
- Provides assessment of program performance and develops process improvements
- Work with teams to successfully deliver projects within a specified timeline, budget, and project plan.
- Coordinate resources across organizational boundaries to ensure timely delivery of projects and manage project scope.
- Assist the development team through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) where necessary, including (but not limited to) activities like acceptance testing and process facilitation and determining suitable strategies and objectives needed to meet project goals
- Work with Product Manager/Director and customers to clarify project scope
- Maintain project stakeholders’ expectations to project status and updates
- Elicit, Raise/Identify and help resolve projects roadblocks from the development team to facilitate rapid delivery
- Identify, document, communicate and mitigate risks to project success
- Assist and coach Product Manager/Director in respect to refining, maintaining the product backlog, and prioritization techniques
- Act as liaison to 3rd party vendors
- Coach the teams to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the group and organization
- Establish project management best practices and train other Project Managers
- BA/BS in business or technical field or equivalent work-related experience and training
- PMI and/or Scrum Master Certification a plus
- 8 years of relevant project management and agile development, framework, principles, and practices
- Expertise with Microsoft Office, common diagramming tools (e.g. Visio, Lucid chart), and project/issue management tools (e.g. Project, Jira)
- Expertise with project and development lifecycles
- Ability to own timeline, integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communication, risks, procurement, and stakeholders as it relates to projects
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead, motivate and energize team members to accomplish project deliverables.
- Ability to manage individual team members
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Occasional travel to visit with customers
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.