Partners Program Manager at Samsara
Who we are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 at a valuation of $12 billion, and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara has several emerging Channel programs that have the potential to drive significant growth for the company. These include Insurance Partners, Resale Partners, Referral Partners, and Technology Integration Partners.
As a Partnerships Program Manager, you will be responsible for shaping the operational elements of Samsara’s partner programs with a specific focus on enablement. You will work closely with our other Partner Account Managers to ensure you are leveraging systems, processes, and enablement materials consistently to drive growth within the partners program.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role that requires working cross-functionally to build programs and processes from scratch. The role has strong potential for growth along with our partner programs.
This team is remote. The role can be office-based in SF or fully remote in the US and Canada.In this role, you will:
- Act as subject matter expert and primary liaison between all Sites-focused pre & post-sales support partners.
- Together with Sales & Partner team management, define short, medium & long-term strategy, goals and success metrics for designated partner base.
- Identify & prioritize internal infrastructure improvement areas for ease of doing business with installation partners.
- Create & maintain a partner performance / customer satisfaction feedback loop for continuous program improvement.
- Identify & onboard new Sites-focused installation partners across the United States.
- With Sales & SE leadership, design & maintain target partner profile for new installation & eventual integration-focused partners.
- Design & build out onboarding & training program for Sites-focused installation partners.
- Iterate on content on an as-needed basis to align with Samsara and partner needs.
- Coordinate with the Samsara Sales & Enablement team to keep partners up to date on new features & best practices.
- Maintain existing relationships with onboarded & in-process System Integrator partners.
- Continue to foster engagement with Sites specialist team.
- Engage System Integrators as subject matter experts as we build out the longer-term infrastructure for an eventual shift to a partner-centric sales model, in tandem with Samsara Partner Management team.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4-6 years of combined program management, enablement, or consulting experience
- 2-3 years of sales experience selling technical products and services
- Excellent analytical, written, and verbal communications skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical teams to design and build or improve business processes
- Consistent track record of deploying external facing programs and working with sales teams
- Passion and capability for teaching others
An ideal candidate also has:
- Basic understanding of how resale channel partnerships work
- Experience building/operating internal/external tools such as customer, partner, ae tools or platforms
- Translate complex concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Leading projects, get stuff done via cross-functional stakeholders
- Sensitivity to sales cycle and operates with a sense of urgency
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.